roseps135

Kat von D Lock-it or Tarte Amazonian Clay Foundation?

(0) Hearts

Hi Girls!  

I am trying to choose a new foundation which is always difficult for me because I have dry, sensitive skin with acne and rosacea. I need to cover the acne and the redness without making scaly flakes appear, and last all day.  I am trying to decide between Kat von D's Lock-it Tattoo Foundation and Tarte's Amazonian Clay 12 hour full coverage foundation.  I used to use mineral foundation, but my skin is too dry for that now.  Could anyone who has used them share the pros and cons of each to help me make my decision?  

Thank you!

lolo01

Re: Kat von D Lock-it or Tarte Amazonian Clay Foundation?

(0) Hearts

between these 2 I chose the KatVonD also because I have some rosacea on my cheeks and hate it so i use this to cover it and its perfect. My tip is to apply with your fingers to make sure you dont get that cakey look :smileyhappy:

I disliked the tarte made me look orangey and didnt provide much cover to my redness

jennypenny1995

(0) Hearts

I like Tarte's version.  You want an oil-free formula to keep the acne from flaring, but you want to get the flakiness down.  Be careful about using too abrasive or strong of skin care in an attempt to get rid of the acne because it'll dry you out within hours.  Consider using a glycolic acid mask 1-2 times weekly as an exfoliant and then stick with just 1 product daily with salicylic acid in it to keep your pores clear.  Then, that'll fix the acne and you won't have to worry so much about coverage.

Another great one is Lancome's Dual Finish foundation.  Unbelievable product!  

mberteig

(0) Hearts

I've used them both.  I have dry skin with redness on my nose and cheeks that I want to cover up.  I had received a sample of the KVD and really like it, so I bought the full size version.  While I really liked it at first, I ended up returning it because it emphasized my pores and made my skin very dry.

I really like the Tarte 12 hour Amazonian Clay foundation.  It's in my current rotation.  It didn't oxidize on me, set up fine, and lasted all day long.  You only need a small amount of product and it covers well.

I also like the Clinique Redness Solutions foundation, have you looked at that one?

glossyguru

(0) Hearts

I hated the Tarte Amazonian clay foundation. It oxidized horribly, and never really set up right: super creamy all day, even if I used powder! I wouldn't recommend it

Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 hearts
  • 5 in conversation
    • mberteig
    • jennypenny1995
    • roseps135
    • lolo01
    • glossyguru