kissenmakeup

Kat Von D Lock it foundation shade for NC20?

I've heard great things about Kat Von D Lock It Foundation, and have been wanting to try. However, I dont have the chance to try it over a sephora store..

I usually wear MUFE FACE & Body #20,

NC20 on MAC Powder Foundation

NARS Sheer Glow in Deuville

MAC MUFE VELVET #30 runs a bit dark on me 

MUFE HD 117 runs a bit lighter

Does anyone know what would be the equivalent shade for this in Kat Von D Lock It Foundation? Thank you

kissenmakeup

Re: Kat Von D Lock it foundation shade for NC20?

So I think, I'm guessing the right shade- 48 for me!
Yehey!!!
Thank you so much @laurabt @beautylovinggirl and @roxystar4 !
always been a great help!
*happy* XOXO

Spoiler

beautylovingirl

This is just my personal opinion but I just don't know how accurate the Pantone + Sephora Color IQ is because it matched me as a 177 in the HD foundation and I'm a  155 so it 's no where close on my color match.

roxystar4

I agree with Beauty loving girl. I have worn 46, 48, and 52. The 48 looked the best on me. I am MAC NC20, NARS Deauville, MUFE 117/120, UD Naked 2.0.

mahabey

(0) Hearts

hey im a nars deauville, and revlon nude was abit dark for me.. do you think i should get 45, 46 or 48? the 48 looks darker than 52

kissenmakeup

(0) Hearts

Hi Ordered Kat Von D no. 48 =) i'm excited, can't wait to try it.
Btw, Did you find the MUFE 117 a wee light on your skintone?
For the Katvon D no. 52-  is it really lighter than the 48?
Thanks again love!

laurabt

Hi Kissenmakeup, based on your Pantone + Sephora Color IQ, (http://www.sephora.com/color-iq) if you wear MUFE Face & Body #20, then your Color IQ is #1Y07.  In the Kat Von D Lock-It Tattoo Foundation, Medium 54 is a SkinTone match for #1Y07.  Hope this helps! :smileyhappy: -Laura

aviscardi

The iq seems either accurate or way off. medium 52 and 54 or whatever the # is, really dark. its like a true medium. I went down a shade to sample in store but they definitely oxidize. and i wear mat velvet 30 with a little 40. and hd 120

beautylovingirl

Light 48 in the Kat Von D looks like your closest match. Anything else would be too dark most likely because this foundation oxidizes sometimes then it would be too dark. Hope this helps!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 10 hearts
  • 6 in conversation
    • aviscardi
    • roxystar4
    • beautylovingirl
    • kissenmakeup
    • laurabt
    • mahabey