Kat Von D Lock it foundation shade for NC20?

I've heard great things about Kat Von D Lock It Foundation, and have been wanting to try. However, I dont have the chance to try it over a sephora store..

I usually wear MUFE FACE & Body #20,

NC20 on MAC Powder Foundation

NARS Sheer Glow in Deuville

MAC MUFE VELVET #30 runs a bit dark on me 

MUFE HD 117 runs a bit lighter

Does anyone know what would be the equivalent shade for this in Kat Von D Lock It Foundation? Thank you

Re: Kat Von D Lock it foundation shade for NC20?

So I think, I'm guessing the right shade- 48 for me!
Yehey!!!
Thank you so much @laurabt @beautylovinggirl and @roxystar4 !
always been a great help!
*happy* XOXO

Spoiler

This is just my personal opinion but I just don't know how accurate the Pantone + Sephora Color IQ is because it matched me as a 177 in the HD foundation and I'm a  155 so it 's no where close on my color match.

I agree with Beauty loving girl. I have worn 46, 48, and 52. The 48 looked the best on me. I am MAC NC20, NARS Deauville, MUFE 117/120, UD Naked 2.0.

(0) Hearts

hey im a nars deauville, and revlon nude was abit dark for me.. do you think i should get 45, 46 or 48? the 48 looks darker than 52

(0) Hearts

Hi Ordered Kat Von D no. 48 =) i'm excited, can't wait to try it.
Btw, Did you find the MUFE 117 a wee light on your skintone?
For the Katvon D no. 52-  is it really lighter than the 48?
Thanks again love!

Hi Kissenmakeup, based on your Pantone + Sephora Color IQ, (http://www.sephora.com/color-iq) if you wear MUFE Face & Body #20, then your Color IQ is #1Y07.  In the Kat Von D Lock-It Tattoo Foundation, Medium 54 is a SkinTone match for #1Y07.  Hope this helps! Smiley Happy -Laura

The iq seems either accurate or way off. medium 52 and 54 or whatever the # is, really dark. its like a true medium. I went down a shade to sample in store but they definitely oxidize. and i wear mat velvet 30 with a little 40. and hd 120

Light 48 in the Kat Von D looks like your closest match. Anything else would be too dark most likely because this foundation oxidizes sometimes then it would be too dark. Hope this helps!

Conversation Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 10 hearts
  • 6 in conversation