MoreGun89

Kat Von D Lock It Foundation Vs. Tarte Amazonian Clay Foundation

I'm looking into changing a little of my skincare routine to include more coverage. So far my top two picks are listed in the title.  My skin is oily, and there is some hyperpigmentation from acne, but otherwise there are no real issues.

My question to the community is out of these two foundations:

Which have you tried? 

What do you like about it?

What do you dislike about it?

Thanks!

YoungSloth

Re: Kat Von D Lock It Foundation Vs. Tarte Amazonian Clay Foundation

KAT VON D!!!!!!! There is a REASON it has been sold out nation wide for almost 8 months!!!!!!!!!

beautylovingirl

[ Edited ]

I have the Kat Von D also and alternate with my MAC . Honestly I love everything about it and there's nothing I don't like about it Chica.:smileyhappy:

jennypenny1995

Tarte 12-Hour Foundation:

Like = perfect shade for me (finally!), smooth application, doesn't settle into lines much, flawless appearance for 4+ hours (I'm a nurse, so wear from any brand or formula is tough to meet!), packaging very lasting since it won't break, volume of product, very little needed (pea-sized does my whole face).

Dislike: Even though buildable, doesn't cover redness terribly well, makes the tiniest of flecks of dry skin more obvious (ex: post breakout flaking).

Haven't tried KVD's, but I'm not really wanting to in that, if it can cover tattoos, it probably has too much coverage and won't look light real skin.  I don't want to look like a porcelain doll that's too high maintenance!  = )

MoreGun89

Thanks for your replies, I've noticed that in the long run people do tend to prefer the KVD, so I think I'll probably go with that one, going back to exchange a product (this is still new that I can do this to me) on Saturday and the fiance will need to pay me back for my hair stuffs, so why not? :smileytongue:

sephoramusthave

swfupload_8429905695508945456.jpgI only tried the KVD foundation and am itching to get my hands on it! Its always sold out, both online and in all the stores around me! So frusturating! I like that I only need a TINY bit to get really good coverage, I use my fingers to apply and blend because I find when I use sponges or brushes it tends to pick up too much product and look cakey if I don't set it with powder. It doesn't irritate my sensitive skin and feels weightless! I've been told that I look like a porcelain doll when I've worn this foundation :smileyvery-happy:

A similar foundation to the KVD one, which I am absolutely LOVING right now, is the flower beauty about face foundation. Its only sold at walmart and its $13.99. It comes in a fancy glass pump bottle (huzzah!!) and the texture reminds me of the KVD foundation---its thick and creamy and you don't need very much to get good coverage. Its not oily or greasy and its weightless as well. It has medium coverage, so it doesn't offer quite as much coverage as the KVD one, but its a pretty solid drugstore dupe. And it comes in sooooo many shades. :smileyvery-happy:

kissXmakeup

I have actually tried both. I bought the Amazonian Clay first and I loved it until it started making me break out. A lot of small pimples and I stopped using it. I then bought Kat Von D's Lock it foundation and it is my everyday foundation. I have a lot of redness and this foundation is more of a medium-full coverage foundation where Amazonian Clay is more of a light-medium coverage. I like that I am able to use less of Kat's foundation to cover my entire face and I can build it up as well. I felt that I used way more of Amazonian Clay to get a nice look for my skin, which makes sense since it isn't meant for full coverage. I would also like to mention that I have dry skin, which is different than your oily skin. I hope you end up finding what you are looking for (:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 10 hearts
  • 6 in conversation
    • sephoramusthave
    • jennypenny1995
    • beautylovingirl
    • MoreGun89
    • kissXmakeup
    • YoungSloth