ladymeag

Kat Von D Light 42 Discontinued?

Looking at my loves, I saw that the Kat Von D Light 42 was out of stock and there's no email option for restocking. I also see that it's not on the shade list when you look at the Kat Von D Tattoo Foundation page, either. 

Anyone know if it was discontinued? If so, I'll be cranky - it's the best foundation match I've ever found for my skin and no one else has anything close, it's all either way too pink or way too yellow or too dark. 

mommyto4

Re: Kat Von D Light 42 Discontinued?

This is showing up now on KVD's foundation page: 

We apologize that shade Light 42 is currently out of stock. It will be back in stock in the fall. Please sign up for email notification to be notified once stock is available. Thank you.

slinka

(0) Hearts

I'm so sad now....This was the only foundation light enough for me :smileysad: I'm so pale, and I can't get darker even if I wanted to.
WHY?!?!!

ladymeag

(0) Hearts

You and me both. There are a few posts around here about pale foundation - check this one, as it has a lot of discussion and recommendations from other folks: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Face/meag-s-hunt-for-the-perfect-blindingly-white-foundation/td-p/10...

My perfect-match replacement is Jane Iredale Glow Time BB in BB1 with Jane Iredale Pure Pressed powder in Ivory. 

StraightRhodes

That's funny. I'm seeing that Light 42 is currently in stock on the website but Light 44 is out of stock. I guess buy it now if you want it?

ladymeag

(0) Hearts

Yeah, they restocked online last night. The stores have removed the testers and the rack no longer has a space for them, either, in the three stores I visited yesterday. The area manager I spoke with said that they had discontinued it and a darker shade in the same line and made recommendations for me. I use foundation so slowly that I'm afraid to stock up on something that might sit in my back-ups box for a while waiting to be used. A bottle of the Kat Von D stuff lasts me about a year (NARS Sheer Matte, about six months a bottle, when I was buying MAC when they still made the NC10-and-lighter shades those would last a year or so.) 

ladymeag

(0) Hearts

To answer my own question: I was in my local store today and happened to speak with an area manager (by the way, love the suit-with-red-pocket-square look for managers!) and was told that, yes, Light 42 is off the product lists. So, if you've got in your area, stock up! None of my local stores have any at all in stock.  I was suggested Urban Decay's Naked Skin in 0.5 and Sephora 10 Hour Wear Foundation in 05 Light Porcelain (P) as replacements. Urban Decay's is slightly too dark but might work blended really well and Sephora's is too pink, IMO. 

KayyLynn

Now you mention it, when I was in store yesterday there was no tester for 42. I was thinking about getting a sample as I have 46 and it's a tad too dark so I thought I would try 42 then purchase if it wasn't too light. I sure hope they don't discontinue it?!

ladymeag

(0) Hearts

44 is good for a lot of people, I'll admit, and 42 doesn't seem as popular but for those of us that's it's the closest match in years for, it's practically the only thing on the market! No one else makes anything quite this shade and the suggestion I usually get is "Get this foundation and mix it with this white foundation/base." I don't want to custom-blend foundation every morning! 

KayyLynn

(0) Hearts

the 44 shade as well as 48 are more yellow base and turn me very orange when they oxidize. I know what you mean about having to mix, that would be a pain!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 7 hearts
  • 5 in conversation
    • ladymeag
    • StraightRhodes
    • mommyto4
    • KayyLynn
    • slinka