MaseysMomma

Kat Von D Foundation good for dry skin?

Hi! I'm having a hell of a time finding my shade! I'm about a NW10-15... I've heard raves about Kat Von D Foundation... Would this work for dry skin? Do you have experience with it?

melissabt

Re: Kat Von D Foundation good for dry skin?

(0) Hearts

Hi MaseysMomma,

You can try using with the Beautyblender first! I find that this foundation requires a lot of buffing since it's thick. However, the good part is you only need a small pump of it to cover the entire face! I really like the Sephora Collection
Pro Flawless Airbrush #56 for this foundation. It blends it out beautifully and gives an 'airbrush' flawless look (no streaks)!

airbrush.jpg

http://www.sephora.com/pro-flawless-airbrush-56-P313012?skuId=1419407

<3 Melissa
MaseysMomma

(0) Hearts

My skin will absolutely not let me buff anything into it! Especially my nose :smileysad:. It just makes it look all flakey... It's terrible :smileysad:

emmaclaire

BOBBI BROWN!!!!!  Girl, Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation would literally be perfect for you.  It's an absolutely gorgeous foundation that comes in very very very pale shades.  It has moisturizing properties and the most beautiful finish you can imagine.  It looks like perfect skin that you apply over your (imperfect) skin - super natural, slightly radiant, incredibly comfortable, and available in a fabulous range of shades.  It would probably be my HG if I wasn't so darn oily.  Definitely check it out, Porcelain would probably be a  good place to start!

MaseysMomma

Really?? Maybe I looked at the wrong part of their line, because I swatched a foundation a few months ago and hated it! I can't remember the name of it now... I just know it was called alabaster? I really like to go for medium-full coverage, is this that? Lol. 

emmaclaire

(0) Hearts

The Skin Foundation is buildable coverage, but I wouldn't call it full.  Medium sounds about right.  Bobbi Brown foundations all use the same naming system so you can always find the right shade, even when a new product comes out.  Did you dislike the foundation you swatched because of the formula, or was it a poor color match?

If you have the chance to get a sample, I think that would be your best bet!  Another line that has great color options for pale skin is Illamasqua.  I don't have dry skin, so I'm not sure how it would react for you, but Illamasqua's Skin Base foundation is my HG!  It's also a fuller coverage foundation, though it can be sheered out using the damp BeautyBlender and a light hand.

MaseysMomma

It was both the color match, and the formula that I didn't like. But, maybe ill try the one you've recommended :smileyhappy:. Where can I find Illamasqua? 

emmaclaire

(0) Hearts

You can get the Illamasqua at Sephora!  Definitely worth checking out, especially if you have very pale skin and are looking for fuller coverage! :smileyvery-happy:

MaseysMomma

(0) Hearts

Really?? I wonder why I've never seen it there! I've heard good things about it... I wonder how it does on dry skin though. 

keelybt

I have dry skin and I love the Kat Von D foundation, BUT I do need to mix it with a primer or luminizer otherwise it would be a little too dry. I usually use Tarte Amazonian Clay BB Illuminating Moisturizer.

swfupload_1591946235244080297.jpg

http://www.sephora.com/amazonian-clay-bb-lluminating-moisturizer-P278604?skuId=1239623

MaseysMomma

(0) Hearts

I have a sample of this, that I love! You mix them together? Or apply the BB before the foundation?

starletta8

What emmaclaire said x 10000!

Bobbi Brown is one of the few lines that are pale enough for me!

MaseysMomma

(0) Hearts

Really? I walk a thin line between looking washed out or orange with foundations, if you get what I mean. It sucks!!

MaseysMomma

(0) Hearts

Thank you, that's really helpful! I have cerave moisturizer right now, I think I like it so far, lol. Usually I use a Beauty Blender to apply my foundation, would you recommend using it with this?

melissabt

(0) Hearts

Hi MaseysMomma,

Based on the shade that you wear now in MAC, I recommend the Light 42 - Fair complexion with pink undertones. It will have slight warm undertones and be the best match for you. This foundation has full coverage and gives a semi-matte finish. Make sure that you use a really good moisturizer underneath and I also recommend using the Lock It Spray to add hydration and to set the make up.

light 42.jpg

http://www.sephora.com/lock-it-tattoo-foundation-P311138?skuId=1398825

lock it.jpg

http://www.sephora.com/lock-n-load-makeup-setting-mist-P279623

<3 Melissa
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 34 replies
  • 15 hearts
  • 7 in conversation
    • keelybt