roxystar4

Kat V D Foundation

I want to try the KVD lock it foundation but am not sure of the color selection.  I wear UD Naked in 2.0, MAC Mineralize NC20. Any suggestions on colors I should test when I make it to my JCP Sephora?

Thanks!

beautylovingirl

Re: Kat V D Foundation

They may cause some eruptions but that's not a bad thing there's always the purging process and if you don't get the purging process then you skin care is not going down deep enough to work. And your very welcome.

beautylovingirl

The only real thing I can see wrong with your skin is it looks like you need exfoliation and it also looks really ruddy which means pink/red. To get you honestly going I would say go to Dr. Gross' line of skin care. Use his ferulic and retinol eye serum. You know we learned not to long ago ferulic acid and retinol are the two products that when put together are unbeatable.My suggetions are:

Dr. Gross Ferulic & Retinol Eye Serum or Lift and Lighten Eye Cream

Dr. Gross All in one cleansing foam

Dr. Gross hydrapure oil free moisturizer

For more radiance you also use his ferulic acid and retinol brightening solution under the moisturizer and then just follow directions on the face peel.

This is the only things you need. Once you start don't add anything else to it or just stop, but I can tell you in about 2 to 3 weeks you'll notice something great.

roxystar4

do you think any of these products will cause acne eruptions?

roxystar4

thank you so much for your recommendations! Will test those out :smileyhappy:

beautylovingirl

(0) Hearts

Also is that picture in your profile pretty new?

roxystar4

(0) Hearts

yes. and the picture with the blond girl (where i have long hair) was from 10 months ago.

beautylovingirl

(0) Hearts

@roxystar4- The alpha/beta peel pads from Dr. Gross are the key to  getting that "baby butt smoothness". These are going to exfoliate off all the bad and your gonna be amazed at what your skin looks like underneath it all. I think so many people think they can fix their skin with foundation and that's just not true. I have been told by every professional/expert person that you can have 2.00 foundation as long as you have good skin care your face is going to look great. To give advice for some great skin care your would have to come away from all the stuff that your using now since you like more natural. I've always used and had the more aggressive side of skin care because I'm so picky and after being a dermatologist office for 13 yrs it kinda becomes your thing. If you want me to give you some good products I'll be glad to recommend but I want to make sure that's what you want and not jam it down your throat. And the Alpha/beta peel pads can be tied into any routine.

beautylovingirl

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

What are your concerns? What are you wanting in terms of skin care ? Also are you oily , combo , normal? I didn't even see it till just now when you said something. Sorry chickie:smileyhappy:

roxystar4

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

I have combo skin- some breakouts/bumps (mostly hormonal but I think some are caused by some of the ingredients in skincare/makeup). The acne I have been treating with proactive 5 nights a week and it is doing a pretty good job,

Other areas of my face are dry. Around my lips and eyes are dry city. 

I am 28 years old and have some fine lines under my eyes which show up like crazy if I put concealer on under my eyes.

I do like more "natural" skin care - yes to carrots, mychelle, and earth science. But I also like PTR peel, boscia and plantscriptions & Ginzing eye cream. 

I used to love Tarte marjuca oil but it is too oily for me. I felt like I was breaking out more when I used it.

I also bought Nerium AD and HATED IT. A lady I go to zumba with raved about it and her skin looks so nice- like a babys bottom. It was not right for me but I am glad she has gotten such nice results. 

Have you tried Glam Glow super mud? I saw that you recommended Dr Dennis Gross Alpha/B daily face peel. 

Thank you so much beautylovingirl- I hope I didnt rant too much. 

roxystar4

@beautylovingirl- I'm curious what product do you recommend for skin care. I know that everyone's skin is different, but I am curious to hear your recommendations

(I posted this last night in a "Foundation" post when you talked about having a clear canvas to create a beautiful look with foundation.  I think it got lost in the land of posts)

roxystar4

I think what it comes down to is that I have to go to Sephora and test them out. Thanks for a general idea though! 

beautylovingirl

@drrragon- Oh good I'm glad it was just your camera .Don't you think if you were looking at those without knowing it was some one's camera they would freak you out just a little?

drrragon

you know, i wonder if they look so scary because they're on a white plate, rather than a real person's skin.  I mean no one has skin that white!

beautylovingirl

@roxystar-Yes definitely go for the light 44 besides the light 48. Those other 2 colors are scary looking to me.

drrragon

lol it's my stupid camera!  they're not that scary, i promise :smileyhappy:

roxystar4

i busted out laughing when I read the last sentence. Yes, for how light I am, I dont think I could wear 52 or 54

beautylovingirl

I would say either light 48 or medium 52 and I'm not so sure 52 may be a little to dark. But test that color because you never know. Medium 54 I think the color is to dark even though your undertones match that the best. But like I said test those colors because you never know. Hope this helps!

roxystar4

thanks beautylovingirl :smileyhappy: you are always so helpful

roxystar4

i agree that the color looks dark on the medium 54 but i like that yellow undertone that they reference in the description. I will sample the 48 & 52 next time im in store.

drrragon

[ Edited ]

I went and got color matched for KVD a few weeks ago and they gave me samples of the 52 and 54.  Here's a photo of them blended onto....an off-white porcelain plate, lol.  Left is the 52, right is 54.

@roxystar I never got colormatched for MAC but I'm guessing I'm a shade or two darker than you.  The 52 fits me pretty well.

20130428_143451.jpg

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 22 replies
  • 19 hearts
  • 3 in conversation
    • drrragon
    • roxystar4
    • beautylovingirl
Photos1
  • 20130428_143451.jpg