Ilovejc637

KAT VON D FOUNDATION

(0) Hearts
I'm getting married next may and I'm currently trying out different foundations. I just bought the KAT VON D tattoo foundation and I LOOOOOVE the coverage. But my face gets cakey after a while. Please help, how can I prevent this. Im currently using hour glass primer. HELP!
myliegirl

Re: KAT VON D FOUNDATION

(0) Hearts

The beauty blender is a fantastic tool to apply this foundation too. Floods flawless

lylysa

(0) Hearts

How much are you using? And what are you applying it with?

Try starting off with no more than a dime sized amount (maybe even less) and try applying it with a stipling brush or buffing brush (Urban Decay's Good karma foundation brush, which looks like a dense kabuki brush with a long handle) to get quicker, more even coverage but with less work compared to a traditional, flat foundation brush. Apply the foundation on the brush to your skin with a rotating or buffing motion so you're constantly keeping the product in motion, preventing it from just laying and caking onto one area for long. This will help span out your foundation better.

Finish off with a silica based powder like MUFE's HD powder or Urban Decay's Razor Sharp with a fan brush for light applicator to give skin a flawless look while minimizing pores, fine lines, imperfections, and giving skin a smooth, oil free look!

Ilovejc637

(0) Hearts
Just half a pump of number 62 and half a pump of 52. I have to mix both because the 62 is too tan. I tried a stippling brush that made the cakeyness worse. I've been using my fingers to apply. The primer I'm using is the hourglass one. I heard i need to try Kat Von d elixer.
lylysa

(0) Hearts

What's your skin type? Using Porefessional (Benefit) or a primer with more silica/dimethicone to it may form a better barrier on your skin if any dry or uneven patches may be causing an issue. Use just a pea-sized amount of primer to prevent make up from "rolling" or "beading" off of the face.

Try using a flat top kabuki or a buffing brush as it will give more control as the bristles aren't as flexible, but the buffing application keeps make up from being applied too heavily in one spot.

If you use your fingers, you run the risk of natural oils in the skin mixing and not letting the foundation sit properly. If you've decided brushes aren't the way to go, use a beauty blender sponge (Sonia Kashuk makes a cheaper, but just as effective one, sold at Target). Wet it slightly, squeeze out excess water, then use it to apply, wetting the sponge beforehand will help it from absorbing less of your make up.

amr1792

(0) Hearts

I use my sigma f80 brush which is a dense flat top kabuki, i think the effect it gives is great. I prime my face with Benefit's Porefessional (around my cheeks and t zone)  and also use Smashbox Photofinish Primer Light in the areas where my pores are not  as big, this works for my skin, however it tends to look dry sometimes (which is weird because i normally have really oily skin) so I use Urban Decay's Dew Me setting spray and for it to look more natural.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 hearts
  • 4 in conversation
    • lylysa
    • myliegirl
    • Ilovejc637
    • amr1792