Daniela1387

Issues with my NARS Sheer Glow Foundation...

(0) Hearts

I currently use Nars sheer glow foundation which I apply with a beauty blender. Before i apply however I moisturize my face and follow that by putting on a primer. My issue is that in certain areas like around my mouth, my chin area and other random places it looks like I have dry patches. Its not extreme but still it can be seen which is NO BUENO...do I maybe need a foundation that gives me more of a dewy finish? Or am i doing something wrong in my foundation routine?? Also not sure if anyone else is having this issue but after wearing the foundation for a couple hours my face starts to get shiny not oily but shiny is it just me? (I have combo skin and have never had issues with shine before)

Titian06

Re: Issues with my NARS Sheer Glow Foundation...

I read a tip on the NARS website that said to take a clean makeup brush and lightly buff the foundation after it has dried.  This removes any "extra" foundation and blends any unblended areas.  I don't use NARS, I read about this after I used up a sample, but I've been doing this with my current foundation and have noticed a difference. 

Daniela1387

(0) Hearts

I will totally try this out!!

beautylovingirl

(0) Hearts

@daniela8- A lot of people do  and like it so if it works for you then I would do it . I also see where you said something about getting shiny after a couple of hours and that is probably just the glow or shine from your foundation since it's the sheer glow I think it's the finish of the foundation but you can always just do a little touch up with some powder if it gets to be too much. Hope this helps!

Daniela1387

(0) Hearts

Hmm is using my Bb cream as a primer a good idea then?

beautylovingirl

(0) Hearts

The reason why I asked about that was I was thinking that the bb cream was more moisturizing than the foundation you are using now and since your not using the bb cream that's what might be making your skin look dry in those certain places.

crayzeeRN

When I purchased NARS Sheer Matte (slightly different, but what the hey I'll give it a shot), the Beauty Associate told me NARS recommends using your fingers to apply this. I still use a brush for the most part because I'm stubborn but I do notice that some areas look like slightly dry after application- I use my fingers to pat it in a little better and it seems like the heat from my hands helps to smooth it out. I also use a heavy duty moisturizing cream under this foundation as well because it is definitely a little drying. Dry skin can cause both oil and dry patches. Do you use a finishing powder on top?

Daniela1387

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

I dont even bother with a finishing powder because of the weird dryness around my mouth and chin area. I did it once though and I looked like my face was about to crack lol And I have combo skin so dry skin is rarely ever a problem with me which confuses me even more it makes me look dry in certain areas and then hours later on my forehead I look shiny >.<

crayzeeRN

Combo skin to me means dry in some areas and oily in others. Is this what you normally experience or am I misunderstanding?

Is the product actually drying your skin on your chin/mouth or does the foundation just appear to be dry in those areas? In other words, when you take it off, is your skin still dry in those areas?

It is ok just to use finishing powder in areas where you experience oil throughout the day! Even if just on your forehead :smileyhappy:

Daniela1387

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

It just looks like dry skin kinda like it won't sink into my skin in those areas. So it just sits there kinda dry looking :smileysad: and the oily look comes only when I apply this foundation is that a normal thing with foundations? Do they all make you shiny or is it that the foundation isn't reacting well with my face?

crayzeeRN

(0) Hearts

Like beautylovinggirl said up above, it might just be the sheer glow formula- sometimes this can emphasize mild oil on your face. But the problem you're having with the foundation looking dry in spots sounds like the problem I have with this as well- try smoothing it out with your fingers in those spots and/or a slightly richer moisturizer :smileyhappy:

beautylovingirl

(0) Hearts

What moisturizer are you using and did you wear the bb cream  with that particular moisturizer  or just the bb cream.?

Daniela1387

(0) Hearts

I use kiehl's sodium pca oil-free moisturizer and I always put it on my face first before anything else.

beautylovingirl

(0) Hearts

Have you switched cleanser or moisturizer or primer?

Daniela1387

(0) Hearts

nope...everything has stayed the same actually ive never used any foundation before this one Ive only used the boscia bb cream.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 14 replies
  • 6 hearts
  • 4 in conversation
    • crayzeeRN
    • beautylovingirl
    • Titian06
    • Daniela1387