makeupobesessed

Is it necessary to wash BB cream off face at night?

I always wondered if it was necessary to wash face at night if all I put on is BB or CC cream.  I always (try) to wash makeup at night but is BB cream makeup when it has all the other stuff in it to make it a 5-in-one or whatever?

Advice?  How about other types of creams if you don't wear makeup that day?

DTalksAll

Re: Is it necessary to wash BB cream off face at night?

I wash my face every night regardless of wearing makeup or not. BB/CC cream still has a tint, so it's still makeup. And they usually have SPF in them, you should always wash your face after wearing SPF :smileywink: 

makeupobesessed

(0) Hearts

Thanks gals!  Good advice.  I guess I didnt realize that it counted as makeup.  However...the arguments that your face is dirty even if you dont wear makeup is so true and one I may forget from time to time.

aviscardi

(0) Hearts

definitely and ive been guilty of only washing my face once if i was home, so i try to get into the habit of washing my face on weekends early and before i go to bed

midnightangel

[ Edited ]

Yes, it's necessary. BB & CC creams do clog pores (they are makeup). As a general rule, what goes on your face that day should come off that night.

carolang

I agree with the posts below, I always wash my face at night regardless.

However, I do think we can over-cleanse sometimes. If my skin is feeling at all tight or flaky after washing (I don't have dry skin so this would be a sign for me) I will start just splashing my face with water and using toner only in the AM, which really helps. But I would do a proper cleanse at night.

ChicDabbler

Yes yes yes, they are makeup with skincare benefits, but still makeup. Even if you don't wear makeup, the dirt, oil and bacteria throughout the day accumulates and night is the time body repairs itself so you would want a clean face for that no? I don't really wash my face in the morning if I did the proper skincare at night since the only thing accumulated are oil from the skin and a wipe of towel with cold water fixes that.

aviscardi

You should always wash your face regardless of putting anything on, all the dirt from the air , especially when your sleep at night your skin releases lots of blech stuff lol

lilyyy

BB and CC cream are makeup, even if they have other benefits. You definitely need to wash it off to get rid of dirt (yes! dirt from being outside and your own skin oils) and let your skin breathe.

CaitlinBrunson

You should wash your face at night even if you didn't wear any makeup at all!  BB creams also have SPF in it so you better be cleansing!

mpolansky

[ Edited ]

I was just about to say the same thing! I wash my face morning and night regardless of makeup application.

brittany0859

BB and CC creams are still makeup, so you should ALWAYS wash off your makeup before you go to bed! I always wash my face at night, even if I don't wear any makeup that day. I think it's necessary to get all the oil and dirt off, and to prep your skin for whatever treatments you put on!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 11 replies
  • 13 hearts
  • 10 in conversation
    • DTalksAll
    • aviscardi
    • lilyyy
    • ChicDabbler
    • makeupobesessed
    • brittany0859