Natalian

Is Beauty Blender necessary?

The chick week is coming up, I don't have much to buy. SO i decide to buy the beauty blender and another tools?

DO you think is it necessary for your makeup tool?

Is it worth?

IS it hard to use?

SydneySydney

Re: Is Beauty Blender necessary?

(0) Hearts

Ooohh, when is Chic Week??

Sonny4President

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Here's last years Chic Week's thread 

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Insider/2013-Chic-Week-Promotion-for-Beauty-Insiders-FAQs/m-p...

So sad I only got one item during that promo :smileysad:

starsandbucks

(0) Hearts

Chic Week is usually in April. I think this past year it was the first week of April and ran until the 11th for Rouges and ended slightly earlier for other Beauty Insiders. But there are other sale periods throughout the year. (Not enough, though! Never enough! :smileyhappy:)

gogreyhound

(0) Hearts

LOL I got excited, too, until I realized this wa an old thread...fooey.

Sonny4President

(0) Hearts

You can use foundation brushes instead of the Beauty Blender - they last longer and unlike the BB they don't have a "suggested expiration date" of 3/4 months with proper cleaning

Nonetheless, I recently got one... didn't get a chance to use it yet, I was trying to find the Pure Sponge in a combo package, but Sephora doesn't have it.

Worth it? $20 mmmm, depends what you personally feel is "worth it" - your definition could be different from someone who would rather save $20 and use their fingers instead to apply foundation.

I'm a strong believer in trying everything once that you might feel beneficial to you, so if you have the money, get it! If not, there are plenty of dupes out there for more than half the cost of the BB.

WoogieMUA

(0) Hearts

I use the beauty blender for everything! I use it to apply my foundation, to highlight my face with concealer, and to apply my cream blush. It's worth every penny to my bc I use one BB to do all of that

DiVWA

The only thing I use my BB for is to soften the lines of my cream or powder blushes and to pick up excess blush if I put too much on by mistake. For that, it's well worth it. So many blushes are super pigmented nowadays that a way to blend them out is absolutely essential.

TylerTremallose

(0) Hearts

I quite like it and I find it easier to use than a brush, in my opinion.
My foundation also looks better on my skin when I use the BB instead of a brush.

infinitise

Depends on the foundation you use and whether or not you have a tool that applies your makeup the way you want it. 

I first bought it a few years ago and "liked it" but never loved it. so I never repurchased. 

it wasn't necessary because I like my Dior foundation brush enough to use everyday. and I use air pump every now and then. 

and I still don't think a piece of sponge should cost $20~25. 

but its very easy to use, and is convenient. unlike the brushes where you do need to master some techniques that works for your facial features, these you just dab around the skin. 

I recently repurchased because it works well with cushion foundations and air pumps aren't so sanitary because they ruin upon washing 

HookedOnBeauty2

(0) Hearts

A couple of months ago I bought 4 of the Sephora sponges. Although I liked them I realized they didn't expand when wet. I decided to buy the 2 pack of the original beauty blenders and I received them today. Can't wait to try it and see if it's any different then the Sephora ones.

H216

(0) Hearts

What did you think of the sephora ones in respect to the finish? I just ordered a sephora one too - it seemed to have good reviews.

HookedOnBeauty2

I have the one with the flat round top and the one with the pointed top. I definitely like the flawless look I achieve with it however I have no other sponges to compare it to. I will use the bb this weekend and see how much it differs.

AmiraHall

(0) Hearts

I only use beauty blender to apply foundation and concealer now and even set my concealer with powder with it too....Its very easy to use and blends the product very very well...I have tried all dupes for it  and I am telling you there is not one...there are cheaper versions but they are NOT the same.  By far worth every penny to me....

hannasilkwood

(0) Hearts

You can buy a dupe for it that is the EXACT same thing on eBay for 2-4$. I have used both and they are the same. BeautyBlender is a private label that just likes to upcharge. The sponges cost them less than a dollar to make so why pay 20x the amount?

lecia1167

(0) Hearts

I have a beauty blender, but I don't use it anymore. I use my Real Techniques Expert Brush. I just can't see spending that much money every few months or so.

KateyMH

(0) Hearts

I just purchased my first BB and I was kind of skeptical as well. But I absolutely love it! At fist I thought it was kind of silly and hard to use, but after a couple uses I got it down and i'm never looking back. I have acne prone skin and it helps cover everything nicely as well as make my face look so smooth. I say give it a try!:smileyhappy:

BrennaBombshell

I have to say, I wanted to try it, but didn't wanna spend $20 on something I might hate, so I grabbed a $6 drugstore dupe. And it has seriously changed my makeup world. My foundation applies smoothly, far faster and looks absolutely flawless. I love how you never get streaks and the pointed tip allows to get into the nooks and crannies of your face. However, today I am making the step up and purchasing the real BB. Now that I know I'll like it, I can justify the money. :smileyhappy:

love2shop42

Brenna, which dupe did you buy? Your makeup always looks flawless!

BrennaBombshell

Thank you! I use the Essence of Beauty Precision Blender Sponge from CVS. It's very firm though, which I know a lot of people complain about with the dupes, but I didn't mind a bit. 

IttyxBittyxMe

Do you think is it necessary for your makeup tool?

No, I personally don't. I bought one and  the young woman at the store told me 'you'll never use a brush again', two weeks later I was using my Tarte Airbrush Foundation Brush again. I didn't like the Beauty Blender and personally didn't see any difference with it. 

Is it worth?

For me, nope.

Is it hard to use?

I didn't think so. 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 42 replies
  • 22 hearts
  • 30 in conversation
    • DTalksAll
    • gxlxaxm