ebie36

IQ Color Match - Color Match Non Suggested Foundation & Concealer Products

Is there anyway to look at any brand's foundations and be able to be color matched? I've been colored matched in store but when I go online it only suggests a select few brands, it doesn't even suggest sephora for my color but they have my color tones, also for concealer. I thought being color matched meant that any brand you choose, the IQ would match you. My color IQ is 1Y12.

grilledchz

Re: IQ Color Match - Color Match Non Suggested Foundation & Concealer Products

(0) Hearts

Not all brands have a perfect match for every color. I think the matches listed are colors that are the closest to your skin tone. If you have a favorite foundation that's not on in your matches, I think you can find the closest one by looking at the color swatches, though it might not be as close to your skin tone. 

FWIW, I got my color matched in store, and shopped for a foundation online. I got the foundation today, and the color matches great, IMO. :smileyhappy: I was kinda nervous about trusting the color IQ, but it seems to have worked well for me. 

Titian06

Re: IQ Color Match - Color Match Non Suggested Foundation & Concealer Products

Hi, ebie36!  When you type in your number on-line, it only shows the brands that have shades that match your color IQ number.  Not all brands will have shades that match your number.  If you really want a Sephora color, then use the brand drop-down box (it's under the box where you type your color IQ number).  Pick a color that looks like it might be a close match.  If it doesn't match, then go back and pick another color.  Keep doing this until you find a color that is close to your color IQ number.  I've been doing this will some of the different brands just for fun.  It's been an interesting experience!

Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 hearts
  • 3 in conversation
    • ebie36
    • Titian06
    • grilledchz