MaiganBaer

IN NEED OF SUGGESTIONS FOR A NEW FOUNDATION- LIGHTWEIGHT W/ GOOD COVERAGE & STAYS PUT

(0) Hearts

I have been using bare minerals original formula for the past 3 years and the only issue I have with it is that the coverage is too light for me. Without makeup on I look like rudolph with a lot of redness on my nose, and also my chin.  I also have mild rosacea on my cheeks but it has cleared up for the most part due to my skin regimen. My issue now is that since summer is over my skin is going crazy with breakouts and until I can figure out what's going on, I'm getting sick of having to cover practically my whole face in concealer under my bare minerals foundation.  I just purchased their compact powder foundation and while the coverage is better, it does not stay put on my face even with using a setting spray. I have a VERY oily t-zone so the foundation keeps sliding off where I need the coverage. What I love about their original formula is that it feels like you have no makeup on, so what I'm in search of is something that feels similar, has good coverage, and stays put even with oily skin! Thanks :smileyhappy:

lolo01

Re: IN NEED OF SUGGESTIONS FOR A NEW FOUNDATION- LIGHTWEIGHT W/ GOOD COVERAGE & STAYS PUT

(0) Hearts

The only foundations that have masked my redness are Hourglass Immaculate and Kat Von D foundation, (apply it with your fingers)... If you havent sampled these I would recommend them... The Kat Von D is heavy but I found when I use my fingers to apply vs a brush I get totally different results. :smileyhappy: Happy hunting! :smileyhappy:

lndngyn

Re: IN NEED OF SUGGESTIONS FOR A NEW FOUNDATION- LIGHTWEIGHT W/ GOOD COVERAGE & STAYS PUT

(0) Hearts

I recommend Smashbox's CC cream. Its pricy for what it is is but you really only need a pea sized. I don't have rosacea but I have mild redness on my cheeks. The CC cream covers it but still leaves a little bit of redness showing through so it still looks like skin. For acne spots, which it wont cover up, I use Nars creamy concealer. I have normal skin with an oily skin t-zone and without powder, the CC cream lasts for around 4 hours before I get a bit shiny. So if you set it with powder (perhaps your bare mineral foundation), it'll last a lot longer! 

Katty2323

(0) Hearts

tarte 12 hour amazonian clay... its ahmazing!

Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 hearts
  • 4 in conversation
    • lolo01
    • Katty2323
    • lndngyn
    • MaiganBaer