aviscardi

ILLAMASQUA Skin Base Foundation

(0) Hearts

So I was looking around for color matches but I don't know enough about their line or .5 shades, just that they have a huge range that's really light.  Im looking to try this in the spring probably during the next fnf but I don't think my sephora carries illamasqua.  Shade help?  

I wear mufe mat velvet 30, hd 120, Chanel aqua b20 and perfection lumiere b10 & ud 3.0.  

I couldnt find a match in the color iq.  If you used it how did you like it? 

emmaclaire

Re: ILLAMASQUA Skin Base Foundation

(0) Hearts

Illamasqua Skin Base foundation is my HG.  I wear shade 3 and it can be a bit light (which is literally the first time that has EVER happened to me) so be warned it really does cater to very very pale skin - but darker complexions should be able to find a match as well!  The shades vary by undertone - so all the even numbers are one undertone and all the half numbers are the other!

WittyW

(0) Hearts

I wear the Illamasqua Skin Base and love it. If you have dry skin, make sure your skin is well moisturized. For a moisture boosting primer, I recommend Illamasqua's Hydra Veil. AMAZING. I digress. As for application, an Illamasqua MUA recommended the best way to apply Skin Base is with a flat top kabuki type brush. I agree, it applies great that way (as compared to a beauty blender).

I know I'm not in your shade range but for reference, I wear MUFE HD in between 110 and 115 and I wear Illamasqua Skin Base 3.5.

I hope you find your right shade and enjoy it as much as I do.

aviscardi

(0) Hearts

Thank you.  I have combo skin/dry in the winter.  I'm looking to try it in the spring time,  I wish I could get a sample but I don't recall seeing illamasqua at my store.   I was just saying below either 6 or 7 but 7 seems pink.  Since you are between 110 and 115, now I'm wondering maybe I'd try 5 or 6 lol 

killahbabe

(0) Hearts

Laura (a mod here on BT) recommended the shade 7.5 for me and I wear MUFE HD in 120 and UD's Naked Skin in 3.0 as well. I hope this helps! My local store doesn't carry Illamasqua so I haven't tried it out yet but I've definitely been considering a purchase...

aviscardi

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Thanks.  Maybe when I do get it I will order shade 6 & 7, though 7 looks like it has pink to it.  I think the half shades are too dark because of the undertone, they run yellow like 7.5 seems olive 

killahbabe

(0) Hearts

Looking at the 7 and the 7.5 pictures side by side it almost appears as 7 is darker and has quite a bit of pink in it. The 7.5 looks slightly lighter and has a yellow undertone. I have a yellow undertone (which is why I'm 3 in Urban Decay rather than 3.5) so I think it would work for me, although if you're more neutral it may have too much yellow for you.

aviscardi

(0) Hearts

I'm tossing the idea of 6.  I know lisaz09? Has a similar complexion and said 6 was too light   But I know the 1/2 shades seem darker because of the undertone.  

infinitise

(0) Hearts

I'm have about the same color match as you, and I've tried the 5.5 (one of my sephoras has this and a SA gave me a sample based on what she thought was a good match for me 

I was super orange and dark.. I've read somewhere that the colors are different from like the website. if you're going to order from sephora, try a 4 

ladymeag

(0) Hearts

I wear very, very light foundation. (MUFE Mat Velvet 15 is too dark on me, for example) and had a little trouble finding a good Illamasqua match that Sephora carried - I seem to be in between the bottom of what Sephora carries and the white skin base (and don't feel like custom-mixing foundation all the time.) Odds are very good that you fall in a similar gap in what Sephora has from the line.

I will say, though, I found the Illasmasqua foundation to be very dry and prone to gathering in fine lines, creases, and so forth. Much more so than MUFE Mat Velvet, which I also found problematic. 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 hearts
  • 6 in conversation
    • killahbabe
    • emmaclaire
    • aviscardi
    • ladymeag
    • infinitise
    • WittyW