gongju87

I want that Fresh lip balm deluxe sample!!!!

So I must place another purchse of at least $25.00...but since we get free shipping at $50.00 then of course now I must spend at least $50.00...yes...I am enabling myself!

So question. I used MAC studio fix powder foundatinon during the day when needed. I dont use it as a setting powder, but rather, I have a tendency to rub my nose or chin and thus rub my makeup on those spots off...so the studio fix provides a fix for those "bald spots" 

But I see sephora carries a lot of powder foundations from different brands! So what do you guys use? Any comparable to studio fix? I see KVD has a new one out

gongju87

Re: I want that Fresh lip balm deluxe sample!!!!

(0) Hearts

wow! woo hoo! I'm so ordering the duo mat then! Thanks so much ladies!!!

Londonlover101

(0) Hearts

Thank you so much! I have the mini version and I think You will like it! I got the two minis in the other picture as a birthday gift and I love them both but the one in the picture is my favorite of the two. It is soft yet slightly thick when applied and has a taste of sugar and lemonade (well that's what I think it tastes like , lol) I haven't gotten the full size yet because like you said the price, but I've had the mini for a year and I've only used about one eighth of it! I love this product and i'm sure you will too! good luck and have a nice day!

gongju87

(0) Hearts

@keelybt thanks so much! I actually looked at the reviews and someone said the duo mat is getting fazed out for the pro finish, so I probably will stick with that :smileyhappy:

I'm NC25, and wear MUF mat +velvet in 30...what color in pro finish woud you recommend???

aviscardi

(0) Hearts

They're going to keep it ! :smileyhappy: I emailed them back in April and they responded 2 months later saying the decided not to discontinue it.  They received a lot of comments about how it wasn't the same as pro. 

I wear mat velvet in 30 with a little 40. And i wear 118 in pro. My friend wears 117 and is more on the fair side. you can also try 120 which is lighter than 118 due to the undertone. 120 is more neutral and 118 pulls more yellow. 

keelybt

(0) Hearts

@Gongju87  Actually I heard that MUFE is going to keep the Duo Mat around after all.  They had a lot of upset clients because it is a well loved product. If you do want to try the Duo Mat I recommend 201.  For the Pro Finish, I would go for 117 or 118, depending on your undertone.  With this powder you do want to go a little lighter than you would in the HD because even though they have the same names, the powders run darker.

gongju87

(0) Hearts

@londonlover, if you go to weekly specials, you will see the code for the free deluxe sample of :

s683847-main-hero.jpg

with a $25 puchase :smileyhappy: I've wanted to try these for a while, but $ 22 for a balm made me apprehensive...if I like it I will def get the full size!

Londonlover101

(0) Hearts

swfupload_3868739767109240349.jpgMight I ask what Fresh lip balm deluxe sample? Are you talking about this one?

gongju87

(0) Hearts

Thanks Keelybt! How would you compare this with the Duo Mat? I saw that earlier and thought it might be good for my oiy skin?

keelybt

(0) Hearts

Hi Gongju87 I haven't gotten a chance to try the KVD powder yet :smileysad:  I use the MUFE Pro Finish Multi-Use Powder Foundation. You can use it wet or dry.  Dry will give more coverage.  I use it for touch ups and all over when it's really hot or humid out because it doesn't feel heavy and it stays! It also comes in quite a few shades so you should be able to get a very close if not exact match.

swfupload_2822939566539512756.jpg

http://www.sephora.com/pro-finish-multi-use-powder-foundation-P377189?skuId=1479609

keelybt

The Duo Mat may be a better choice if you need a little more mattifying power. It also give a nice coverage and also can be used for touch ups :smileyhappy:

aviscardi

(0) Hearts

yup i agree. the duo mat keeps me matte for longer, where as the pro is more of a satin finish. Longevity is the same for me though. 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 11 replies
  • 2 hearts
  • 4 in conversation
    • keelybt
    • aviscardi
    • gongju87
    • Londonlover101
Photos3
  • swfupload_2822939566539512756.jpg