StephaniLynn

I need some advice. Please help!

(0) Hearts

I do my make up in front of my window in natural light and my foundation and it looks to match perfectly. Yet, when I get in my car and look in the mirror it looks a tad orange and looks like it's a shade too dark. Why does it look different? Is my foundation too dark or is it just the lighting in my car? Because my foundation looks fine everywhere else I check it...just not in my car.

StephaniLynn

Re: I need some advice. Please help!

Mystery has been solved. Today I got in my car with no makeup on and checked on the mirror. BAM! My face didnt seem to match my neck. It has to be the lighting in my car thats throwing everything off. Thank you for all yalls help ladies.!(:

notcreative

(0) Hearts

Glad you (and Quixotic) figured it out.  I just realized you are new, so welcome to Beauty Talk.  

quixotic

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Are the windows in your car tinted? If so, then the light in your car isn't natural. Or do you mean when you check it with the car's interior light? The color or the type of the bulb might not be giving off a true white light. If you foundation looks fine everywhere else you check it, I'd bet it is the lighting in your car and not your foundation. 

StephaniLynn

(0) Hearts

Yes the windows are tinted in  my car. I always check my makeup in the visor mirror before getting out of the car. 

ivyxox

(0) Hearts

Does it happen to all your foundation or just a particular one? The foundation might be oxidized on your skin. 

StephaniLynn

(0) Hearts

I noticed it happening to my Kat Von D Lock It (Shade 48) & also today with my Benefit Big Easy(Light/Medium)  But it almost never happens with my MAC Studio Fix unless I go really heavy with it. I'm planning on taking back my KVD and getting it in shade 46 and also taking back Big Easy for Light.

Gizeh

(0) Hearts

Darling, that's called oxidation. After a few minutes some foundations oxidize to some orangey-darker tone. You need to change your foundation to another one, or if you really like that one get you should try a few shades on your face, give them an hour and then choose the tone that better matches your complexion.

StephaniLynn

(0) Hearts

That's what I am planning to do. Take the foundation back and try a shade lighter maybe. I really like the coverage of them. Going to give the foundation another chance in a lighter shade. 

notcreative

It is possible that your foundation can be oxidizing on your skin.  Another possibility is that something is blocking all of the natural light from entering your room, like window coverings, the lamp in your room (if it is lit) or the window itself.

I would suggest getting a sample of the same foundation one shade lighter and see what happens.  If it starts too light and goes on to match your skin after applying, it seems like the foundation is not a good fit for you.  Some foundations are great on certain people but oxidize on others.  You want foundation that looks the same when you apply it as it does when you remove it.  That way, it is always the correct shade (rather than being too light or too dark at certain points in the day).

StephaniLynn

(0) Hearts

When I do my make up I open the curtains completely and pin them back so all light can come in. I check my make up through out the day too. In my car(when i'm in it), at work in the bathroom, and even in my compact mirror. The only place it looks a little orange is in my car.

notcreative

If you only look orange in your car, Quixotic may be onto something.  It could be the tinting or something in the car distorting the coloring.  I would not worry about it if you look orange nowhere else (unless you are in the car with a hottie you're trying to impress). 

StephaniLynn

(0) Hearts

I thought it was a little strange that the only place it happens is in the car. I even went and for color matched at sephora and those are the shades the matched me to so either the lady matching me was a shade off or my car tint is messing with my coloring:/ I might just go and get samples of a shade lighter before doing a complete exchange.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 12 replies
  • 4 hearts
  • 5 in conversation
    • quixotic
    • ivyxox
    • notcreative
    • Gizeh
    • StephaniLynn