I need help picking a foundation :)

(0) Hearts

I plan on going into sephora and getting color iq and getting a sample (am I allowed to to get more than one sample at a time?)

A little about my skin:

I have some acne. Mostly patches and everytime I use a foundation it sticks to those patches even though I do exfoliate. My skin does get a little red. I have combination skin... but I do tend to get a little oily throughout the day

What im looking for:

Maybe something matte but also looks fresh and dewy. Something that wont look cakey, esp around my nose creases which i've always had problems with. Also something that will cover up pimples without making them look cakey. Im also looking for something to wear this summer so not something heavy and gross.

If someone could list some down below that would be great!

Re: I need help picking a foundation :)

(0) Hearts

Hi @Tayonce,

If you're looking for a foundation that's lightweight, but has great coverage, I suggest trying Clinique's Beyond Perfecting Foundation + Concealer. This lightweight formula is a foundation and concealer in one, and has a polymer formula that won't crease or crack. It's more of a natural finish, so you'll have a nice dewy glow. 

Cheers!
Nikko

(0) Hearts

I had basically all those same requirements and I've found the Urban Decay Naked Skin foundation is amazing! I was surprised by the amount of coverage, it looks and feels like skin, and lasts very well for me without making me oily/drying out my skin. It's not super full coverage but i just spot conceal afterwards.

(0) Hearts

Estee Lauder Double Wear liquid foundation is THE best foundation. I have oily skin and it never ever separates or breaks down. It truly lasts all day. It isn't really matte, I'd say that it has a natural finish. I can't usually tell that I'm wearing it unless I put on more than one layer for extra coverage. 

If you don't already, make sure you moisturize and prime your skin before applying the foundation! It makes a world of a difference when applying foundation over dry patches.

Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 hearts
  • 4 in conversation