jennypenny1995

I need help. I'm a cheater.

[ Edited ]

Isn't it funny that we SWEAR a product is our. Holy Grail, "The One", yet, we get tempted for whatever reason and try something else?  For example, I've been back & forth for YEARS searching for the best skin care, all to circle back around to Clinique's 3-Step (affordable, simple, effective).  

Yesterday, after coming home from vacation with a smidge of less chalk to my skin color, my half-full tube of Tarte Amazonian Clay foundation called for me.  I used it.  Good shade match compared to my Lancome Dual Finish foundation.  not bad oil control, either.  So, used it again today.  It's now approaching 9 hours of wear, and my face is less oilier than with the DF.

What is happening to me?!  How weak am I!  Now, with the VIB event approaching, I've got to decide what I'm going to reorder. 

(sigh). First world problems, I know.

evno

Re: I need help. I'm a cheater.

(0) Hearts

Oh my God, I can sympathize! Besides the fact that I'm a bit lazy, the only reason I try to pick favorites with my makeup is for convenient packing. I always keep my favorite BB cream, skincare, powder, eyeliner, lip tint, etc. in one bag, so I can grab it and go. The rest of the makeup is to dabble in and like garnett said, to play to your makeup whimsy on a particular day. 

Unfortunately, what usually happens is that I buy 3 different products of each makeup category, and they get used irregularly. Confession: I can never get empties, even with my favorites, because I cheat so much. 

jennypenny1995

(0) Hearts

I know!!  I'm trying so hard to burn through 2 Tarte blushes, but it's impossible!  What are they made of??!!

jennypenny1995

(0) Hearts

Ooooooh, wish Bourjois was here in the U.S.!!!

DTalksAll

(0) Hearts

Try Ulta, Urban Outfiters & ASOS (on-line) 

jennypenny1995

(0) Hearts

FYI: Ulta's site doesn't list them.  

DTalksAll

(0) Hearts

Not on-line, but my store still has a display. 

chitwngrl

(0) Hearts

I've been on a foundation kick as of late. I've bought Chanel VA, Chanel PL, Lancome 24hr, teint visionnaire, 3 types of Bourjois foundation and just last night EL DW maximum coverage!! I'm blaming it all on my pregnancy hormones! Hahhha!! Oh, I also purchased Dior Airflash but returned it since it broke me out. 

MsBeans

(0) Hearts

Garnett, 

I just had an aha moment!

garnett

[ Edited ]

Why can't you have a variety of foundations?  I am sure you have a variety of eye makeup and lip color.  Do you only use one blush?  I love UD Naked Skin Foundation but I am also fond of YSL Touche Eclat  foundation.  I have Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer.  What I wear is based on how much coverage I want, how made up I want to look, and how much time I want to put into doing my face that day.  The same goes for skincare.  I have my favorites but I change it up depending on the needs of my skin.  I think the responses here show you that it's not unusual to have variety on your vanity, even when you have found "The One".  :smileyhappy:

jennypenny1995

(0) Hearts

"Do you use only 1 blush?"  I can just hear the sarcasm there!  I'm so ashamed because I currently own 6 shades of blush, so, yes I get that we can have a variety in our lives.  Just never thought of it that way.

Still...a cheatin' soul am I!

DTalksAll

(0) Hearts

I like to have a few different foundation formulas around at all times, depending on my skin & what kind of look I'm going for. I usually need to have at least one med-full liquid, a cream-to-powder or liquid-to-powder, medium-full powder, a TM/BB/CC, and a light powder. 

As for skin care, there are a few products I go back to & a few I like to play with. Cleanser is something I like to try, so I usually have 2-3 options, again depending on what my skin is doing. 

I've tried a few clinique items, but hate how they won't show the ingredients on-line.Then when I get the product I find they are full of alcohol, wax & fillers. I don't need that, so I usually end up returning. 

There are so many option out there, don't limit yourself! Keep stock of your HG products, but play around with others. 

mpolansky

(0) Hearts

I think that's part of the fun of makeup and why we always are on the search for the next best thing. I have my holy grail products but that doesn't stop me from trying other brands/colors and seeing if I like anything better.

I don't think it's weakness like you said, but instead broadening your horizons to new preferences and new products :smileyhappy:

crayzeeRN

(0) Hearts

100% agreement here. If anything, trying new products reaffirms that my holy grail products still hold up to being HG! But the makeup junkie in me can't help needing to try new products!

jennypenny1995

(0) Hearts

Clearly, as a ROUGE girl, there are...issues.  I'm just a few dollars away myself, so I'm with ya!

mimibel

(0) Hearts

I think it's like hair products, my hair gets used to something and it isn't as effective so if I take a little vacay and use something else, then come back, it works like new again. Plus, season chsnge, skin sometimes has different needs. Its not cheating, its adventuring...

Plus, how are you going to find new and improved things if you stick to the same old 24/7/365?

Note, this doesn't apply to husbands, of course :smileywink:

jennypenny1995

(0) Hearts

YeS!!  Agree with the shampoo thing!

PoesRevy

(0) Hearts

I cheat on HG products too! For some things though, it does not last long. I think often we all are looking for the super HG product that may or may not exist. Cannot know unless we cheat :smileywink:

ChicDabbler

(0) Hearts

I don't cheat. When it comes to skincare I'm a player and I don't even pretend otherwise. =X

Altho I have been so pampered by KGD cleansing water that I'm unwilling to use any of the 5 or 6 other makeup remover I have. I mean, why do you want to put oil or gel or balm on your eyes when you can just get it with a wipe of water?

shinybananas

(0) Hearts

I am so excited to get my KGD cleansing water I ordered from haute look I can't stand it. Think it'll make an honest woman out of me??

pinktorridora

(0) Hearts

Haha I have been cheating on my Boscia Black Hydration Gel for two weeks with Boscia Nightly Hydration. I was (and still am to a point) having some crazy breakouts and thought changing things might break the cycle.

Seems like my skin has calmed down a bit. Phew!

But, I've got Fresh Umbrian Clay Face Lotion coming tomorrow and will openly cheat on Boscia while I try it out. :smileywink:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 26 replies
  • 10 hearts
  • 16 in conversation
    • DTalksAll
    • pinktorridora
    • jennypenny1995
    • ChicDabbler
    • veronika23
    • crayzeeRN