I need a new primer.

I use bare minerals and I need a new primer, ive been using the elf one but im wanting to upgrade. I have dry skin with redness around my nose and on my cheeks. Recs would be appreciated!

Re: I need a new primer.

(0) Hearts

Tarte Perfecting Primer (purple tube) is phenomenal!

(0) Hearts

I got the smashbox hydrating primer today before I seen any of the other comments! im gonna go back and get some samples of the others if I don't like this one. thanks!

(0) Hearts

Dior's new primer is color correcting and radiance boosting. It's expensive but I've never been let down by Dior's products.

i use hourglass and have used it on many others and have found that it doesn't bother sensitive skin. however, if you are trying to cancel redness, i would go for one of the smashbox color correcting ones or the mufe green one which is supposed to cancel red.

(0) Hearts

Here's two primers I've used that I like (and I struggle with redness, too):

NARS Pro-Prime Pore Refining Primer Oil Free: http://www.sephora.com/pro-prime-pore-refining-primer-oil-free-P281401?skuId=1304260

Laura Mercier Foundation Primer- Radiance

http://www.sephora.com/foundation-primer-radiance-P299223?skuId=1382670

Laura Mercier Foundation Primer Oil Free

http://www.sephora.com/foundation-primer-oil-free-P140905?skuId=905349

(0) Hearts

HeYyY Jessicacalyn,

I second the Laura Mercier Foundation Primer I use the Hydrating one because I have DRY skin! It works so0o well and it gives a little bit of a dewy glow. Also it's very gentle on your skin! 

Hope this helps! >(8D) 

Hourglass Hourglass Hourglass.  It's a game changer.

Hourglass Mineral Veil primer, ie the only primer you'll ever need Smiley Happy

amen. Hourglass is great!

I also use bare minerals and what I have been using as a base is bb cream (I use dr jart black label detox) and I have found that not only do I use less of the bare minerals but also I can still get a natural yet even toned look.

Hi Jessicacalyn, check out Clinique Redness Solutions Daily Protective Base SPF 15.  It has a slight green tint to it to help reduce the appearance of redness & even out skin tone. 

Clinique Redness Solutions Daily Protective Base SPF 15.jpg

Also, you might want to apply a treatment serum before your primer to help calm & sooth your red skin.  Try:

First Aid Beauty Anti-Redness Serum

FAB Anti-Redness Serum.jpg

Smiley Happy -Laura

there so many great primers out there..smashbox makes a primer made just for color correcting like redness..and they have another one for hydrating for dry skin..maybe you could try one of these Smiley Happy

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 12 replies
  • 13 hearts
  • 12 in conversation