jessicacalyn

I need a new primer.

I use bare minerals and I need a new primer, ive been using the elf one but im wanting to upgrade. I have dry skin with redness around my nose and on my cheeks. Recs would be appreciated!

Mollycj

Re: I need a new primer.

(0) Hearts

Tarte Perfecting Primer (purple tube) is phenomenal!

jessicacalyn

(0) Hearts

I got the smashbox hydrating primer today before I seen any of the other comments! im gonna go back and get some samples of the others if I don't like this one. thanks!

beautylovingirl

(0) Hearts

Dior's new primer is color correcting and radiance boosting. It's expensive but I've never been let down by Dior's products.

ghkim

i use hourglass and have used it on many others and have found that it doesn't bother sensitive skin. however, if you are trying to cancel redness, i would go for one of the smashbox color correcting ones or the mufe green one which is supposed to cancel red.

starletta8

(0) Hearts

Here's two primers I've used that I like (and I struggle with redness, too):

NARS Pro-Prime Pore Refining Primer Oil Free: http://www.sephora.com/pro-prime-pore-refining-primer-oil-free-P281401?skuId=1304260

Laura Mercier Foundation Primer- Radiance

http://www.sephora.com/foundation-primer-radiance-P299223?skuId=1382670

Laura Mercier Foundation Primer Oil Free

http://www.sephora.com/foundation-primer-oil-free-P140905?skuId=905349

Greyes

(0) Hearts

HeYyY Jessicacalyn,

I second the Laura Mercier Foundation Primer I use the Hydrating one because I have DRY skin! It works so0o well and it gives a little bit of a dewy glow. Also it's very gentle on your skin! 

Hope this helps! >(8D) 

clarks18

Hourglass Hourglass Hourglass.  It's a game changer.

poshified

Hourglass Mineral Veil primer, ie the only primer you'll ever need :smileyhappy:

roxystar4

amen. Hourglass is great!

prosopon

I also use bare minerals and what I have been using as a base is bb cream (I use dr jart black label detox) and I have found that not only do I use less of the bare minerals but also I can still get a natural yet even toned look.

laurabt

Hi Jessicacalyn, check out Clinique Redness Solutions Daily Protective Base SPF 15.  It has a slight green tint to it to help reduce the appearance of redness & even out skin tone. 

Clinique Redness Solutions Daily Protective Base SPF 15.jpg

Also, you might want to apply a treatment serum before your primer to help calm & sooth your red skin.  Try:

First Aid Beauty Anti-Redness Serum

FAB Anti-Redness Serum.jpg

:smileyhappy: -Laura

JGSFLA

there so many great primers out there..smashbox makes a primer made just for color correcting like redness..and they have another one for hydrating for dry skin..maybe you could try one of these :smileyhappy:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 12 replies
  • 13 hearts
  • 12 in conversation
    • prosopon
    • jessicacalyn
    • poshified
    • roxystar4
    • beautylovingirl
    • clarks18