I'm looking for a full coverage lonf lasting foundation and a matte finish please help :)

(0) Hearts

I have already try Cover Fx which I really like I was thinking of purchasing that one again but I was thinking of trying hourglass?

I have also try Kat Von D I love the coverage but I felt it was too cakey, Benefit as well I didn't like the coverage tho I felt it wouldn't last long enough Now I'm using NARS sheer foundation I really love how it feels does last long and the coverage is great but I notice it breaks me out like crazy and I don't like that at all

btw. I'm a bit tan with yellow tones as well

Re: I'm looking for a full coverage lonf lasting foundation and a matte finish please help :)

Try Hourglass Immaculate

Re: I'm looking for a full coverage lonf lasting foundation and a matte finish please help :)

Becca carries a nice matte finish foundation and it held up really well in humidity.  They also have a matte primmer but I haven't tried that yet.

[ Edited ]

For whatever foundation you find...what I can suggest, is when you set your foundation, set it with Tarte's Smooth Operator finishing powder. Not only does it set, it controls oil and really minimizes your pores...like, big time. Great stuff. I know that finding an amazing foundation is the cosmetic worlds version of finding a unicorn. With so many types of skin conditions and types....I hope you find it. Thou, this powder is amazing. Also, try POREfessional from benefit. It's a great facial primer.TarteSmoothOperator.jpgprimer.

If it breaks out try a different primer. I wear the kat von d and I had to switch my primer so I wouldn't break out. The kat von d powder is pretty good too. For kat von d tattoo liquid foundation a littles goes along way, and then use a setting powder.

Would you consider a powder foundation? Nars Powder Foundation is awesome. I need medium to full coverage because of hyper pigmentation spots. It's build-able but still looks very natural. And I always use it over primer. Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer and Laura Mercier Oil-Free Foundation Primer are my favorites. I am blemish prone and it doesn't make me breakout. A lot of their colors are really good for people with yellow undertones (their Radiant Creamy Concealer is amazing!). I'm tan too (South Asian descent) and both my mom and I use it, just different colors. It has a bit of SPF too!

[ Edited ]

I wear this one every day. Love, love it! I can even work out in it and it doesn't budge. It is matte and full coverage. If you are able, I would suggest getting a match/sample at the store. There are tons of Q&A's that could help with lots of information about it, too.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 6 hearts
  • 7 in conversation
Photos1
  • TarteSmoothOperator.jpg