SydBristow

I feel like a dope, but how do I apply UD Razor Sharp UD Finishing Powder?

I purchased Urban Decay's Razor Sharp Ultra Definition Finishing Powder.  It comes with an applicator sponge thingie on the jar that's attached.  There's a dial to rotate that opens and closes it that I assume transports powder to the spongy thingie, so I tried to get some to come through, I think it did a little but not much. 

Can anyone provide more insight here?  I'm a tad lost and the "how to use" section doesn't provide this detail.  Thanks!

SydBristow

Re: I feel like a dope, but how do I apply UD Razor Sharp UD Finishing Powder?

I am revisiting my UD razor sharp powder and would really like to put it into another case to apply with a brush.  Would this be a good option?

http://www.sephora.com/illuminating-powder-foundation-empty-compact-P384328

SydBristow

Thanks lylysa!!! You are the BEST!!! I felt like such a dope trying to figure it out this morning. :smileyhappy:

lecia1167

I just this face powder, and I really don't like the applicator. I like using a brush for my powder. So I re-purposed my MAC loose powder container since it has small holes in the top so not too much powder comes out. I think that Amazon also sells containers.

SydBristow

Ooooooo good idea leica1167!!

lylysa

(0) Hearts

Nice job reusing containers!

I know beauty supply stores carry containers too, but I don't come across many jars with sifting lids/tops so online would be the best sure fire bet.

lylysa

(0) Hearts

You're too kind!

The packaging is kind of off compared to the other HD/silica based powders on the market. I wonder if UD plans of repackaging as they discontinued their Surreal Skin Mineral Powder Foundations, which had the same packaging design made prior to Razor Sharp's launch.

I like using a brush with RS a lot better than the puff!

lylysa

Yes,a slight turn/rotation will open the channels in the dispenser covered by the sponge and puff where powder will be brought to the puff when you give it a couple of turns upside down/shake it a bit.

The puff cover comes off so you can wash it and dry it to pop back on the sponge itself.

It does dispense a fine amount slowly (see the below for what happens when you overapply silica based powders), but tap/gently blot it onto skin, don't rub (rubbing will pick up and remove the make up you're wearing).

If you don't wish to use the puff applicator, you can unscrew the puff/sponge (the whole grey base) and dip your powder brush into the powder. Be careful to use a tiny bit in this manner as too much silica based powder applied build a thick layer that is visible as a chalky, white cast on skin in flash photography. Using a brush, pat and "roll" it onto skin, no need to buff as silica based powders are meant to "lay" on skin not be worked in like traditional powders. Fan brushes and stippling brushes are great for these powders to apply a fine amount if you're worried about overapplying.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 8 hearts
  • 3 in conversation
    • lylysa
    • SydBristow
    • lecia1167