mrsdulay

I am looking for new foundsation and face make up products

... I currectly use drug store brands and I would like to get something with better coverage that matches my skin tone better. I have combination skin. What products would you recommend that aren't too expensive for foundation, concealer, powder....or is there a product that can do all that..what would you suggest?60866_10152306586300212_511840686_n.jpg

beautylovingirl

Re: I am looking for new foundsation and face make up products

(0) Hearts

You can also look at the MUFE Pro finish powder foundation it really can be used for all three. Hope this helps!:smileyhappy:

melissabt

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Hi Mrsdulay,

We have so many great options for you to pick from! First, I would recommend a medium buildable type coverage foundation. Make Up Forever has a very popular one called the HD foundation. Based on your picture you seem to have medium skin with yellow/golden undertones. I recommend the shade 127.

127.jpg

Set it will a micro fine powder. Sephora Collection Microsmooth Foundation Face Powder. It works well on top of foundation and blurs any imperfections. I recommend the shade 25.beige.jpg

For concealer, I suggest the NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer. It has an amazing med-full finish and dries to a matte finish. Ginger - golden undertone for medium complexion |

ginger.jpg

Follow with a bronzer and highlighter duo

Lorac TANtalizer® Highlighter & Matte Bronzer Duo

lorac duo.jpg

<3 Melissa
dianabt

Hi mrsdulay, 

Pretty picture! I love that top you have on, it looks great with your complexion :smileyhappy: 

If you have combination skin I'd recommend a medium to full coverage foundation most likely in a liquid format- These are easy to build up in coverage and can sometimes look more natural than a powder. You will also most likely want something oil free so your combination skin doesn't look to shiny or greasy.

If you are a bit extra oily, try a mattifying foundation like the Clinique Stay Matte Oil free- I love this foundation since it keeps my own combo skin smooth and can go from medium to full coverage VERY quickly.

swfupload_6500363738097163328.jpg

I also suggest you look at the Lorac Breakthrough Performance Foundation which is also oil free, helps with anti aging and keeps the skin hydrated too while looking smooth and soft:

swfupload_5352680355489791631.jpg

If you want a more glowy finish you can always mix a bit of highlighter or illuminator with it, or a highlighting powder! I love to put highlight creams in with my foundation to give a bit more radiance. 

Benefit Sun Beam is pretty for a soft bronzey glow and Girl Meets Pearl is great for a more pearly-pink tone. :smileyhappy:

swfupload_2452695333672635155.jpg swfupload_3879651863611967234.jpg

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
lylysa

Aside from wanting "better coverage", give us some more specifics. Are you looking for a foundation that gives buildable coverage so you can have a range in terms of what look you'll be going for, or something that's right off the bat full coverage, or even something medium to full?

What type of finish do you prefer? Matte? Dewy? Satin?
And do you have a preference for formulation types for foundation such as liquid, powder, or cream? Let us know what you're comfortable with or even what you might be open to so we can give suggestions tailored to your wants and needs!

Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 5 hearts
  • 5 in conversation
    • dianabt
    • melissabt
    • lylysa
    • beautylovingirl
    • mrsdulay
Photos9
  • 60866_10152306586300212_511840686_n.jpg
  • swfupload_6500363738097163328.jpg