Carmen1986

I Think I am A.... FOUNDATION JUNKIE !

[ Edited ]

Ahhh... FOUNDATION ! How you steal the thoughts of my mind and replace them with countless images of products to try lol. Mind you there is still lots of room for thoughts of the boyfriend too hehe

I'm quite positive I am addicted to foundation because I am doing posts now on different products and gathering feedback to see how well it really WORKS. Any company can throw a hefty price tag on a product and think it'll sell. However there are some brands that just simply don't live up to their HYPE. I don't want to be one to overspend on something not worth my dollar. So I am so excited to be posting about products and getting feedback. I just hope I don't annoy the BLANK out of some of you beauties lol. Ahh who would ever think that of the things that actually brings a smile to my face is FOUNDATION. I suppose in a sense it makes sense when it's practically the epitome of looking gorgeous. Or at least to me anyways. FLAWLESS is the way to be :-D

Hoping to hear from some of you Foundation Lovers and maybe products you absolutely adore :-D.

DTalksAll

Re: I Think I am A.... FOUNDATION JUNKIE !

Join the club! I go through phases. Right now I have more foundation then I did last year, but not as much as I did 3 years ago. My problem is, like most others... "We want more!" LOL! 

I don't like to be too overwhelmed though. So I like to have one of each type:

~ TM for light coverage lazy days- right now it's actually a tinted primer by murad

~ Liquid - Lancome, but I haven't used it in a while 

~ Powder - I have a few, but Dior Flawless is most used right now

~ Liquid to Powder - I have 2... Dior Airflash & Hourglass Immaculate

~ Cream - usually Chanel

~ AmorePacific CC compact- I know it's a CC, but it's not a cream, so I don't really have a category for it. It gives buildable light to medium/full coverage & lasts all day. 

I have a few BB/CC samples, but a lot of them oxidize on me :smileysad: 

Don't feel bad about your addiction! Foundation is the start to creating our "perfect" canvas. Remember that you are beautiful without foundation! Try to find one that's easy for you to work with, doesn't feel heavy, and doesn't cause other problems for your skin. You don't want a stuffy, full coverage that is going to stress your skin out! Sure your face will look flawless, but when you wash it at the end of the day, how does it look? 

viviene23

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Have you tried Chanel foundations? I think their foundations are worth the price. I've yet to find a chanel product that disappoints me. Same sentiment with Armani. I own two Chanel foundations:  vitalumiere aqua liquid and vitalumiere aqua cream compact. Vitalumiere aqua liquid foundation gives light to medium coverage with semi-matte/natural finish. This one for some reason looks better on me as the day goes on. I don't need a lot of coverage and this one works well for me. Vitalumiere aqua cream compact is cream to powder I think. It offers more coverage- medium to full, buildable. The finish is natural luminous and this one stays on for hours. This is the foundation I used when I got married and my skin looked flawless. I've also tried their Mat lumiere in the past and it is one of the best matte foundations I know. I used that when I went on vacation in the tropics a few years ago and despite the humidity, I remember that one kept the oil at bay. I just don't remember how if fared after a few hours. I don't consider myself a foundation junkie but I have tried a lot of foundation and I own quite a few. I do consider myself a lipstick junkie. I don't even dare count how many lipsticks I've accumulated. Hope you find your holy grail...I like reading your updates on your quest to find the perfect foundation!

chanel1.jpg

sephoramusthave

(0) Hearts

I'm go through different beauty obsessions all the time. I love foundation, and have never had this much before but I've settled down on that since I've found KVD. I think I now have 7 bottles of foundation so I should be set until next year lol. Right now I'm on a brush kit--I LOVE ecotools, real techniques and mac and still haven't stopped buying more!

roxystar4

[ Edited ]

@sephoramusthave  Im the same way.... one month it's foundation, the next it's blush, then it's lipstick, or  eyeshadow palettes.  

knadala

(0) Hearts

I love Benefit's Oxygen formula for foundation, the coverage is great for a formula that feels so lightweight, I sometimes forego using concealer when using this product. I also love the packaging because it makes it so much easier to use up the product without having to find a way to dig out the last of the product.

jobro1027

(0) Hearts

I really like UD's foundation, and I'm trying to use it to the end of the bottle (or at least nearly) before buying another. But it doesn't quite offer as much coverage as I would like. It still leaves some redness in some spots, though I've wondered if a good color-correcting primer would fix that. But other than the slight redness it still leaves, it also doesn't quite cover up freckles, even with concealer on top of it. So I think I want something with a little more full coverage.

I adore foundation too - every single time I walk into Sephora, it's where I want to go first. But I have to restrain myself. :smileytongue:

jellybean917

I'm still looking for my HG foundation. My skintone is fair, but I have quite a bit of redness, plus freckles. I have trouble finding that perfect middle-ground where I can cover up my flaws without turning myself into a ghost.

My favorite so far has been Marc Jacobs Genuis Gel. A lot of people hate that it's light coverage, but that's what I think works well for my skin! To each her own :smileyhappy:

aviscardi

(0) Hearts

I love face products!!! I use to be all about cheeks but now i love trying fdn. I currently own Chanel vitalumiere aqua, MUFE hd & mat velvet and UD naked.  for bbs im using guerlain and diorskin nude

I was using SB for a while in the bb and cc, but i prefer the ones i have so i sold my backups. and then i still have bobbi brown but stopped using it because im skin is more combo /dry not enough oils. WHich im glad lol. and I stopped using tarte bb tinted because i didnt like the primer feeling, but i lost the box for both to return ;/

annonymous1

[ Edited ]

Nothing wrong with being addicted to foundation, i think the hardest part about foundation is it literally has to have the perfect amount of coverage, correct color, right consistancy and there are so many options, cream, liquid, powder and even airbrush...so its easy to become addicted to trying new ones.

Anyways! i don't mind spending alot of money on foundation, BUT i don't think you always need to spend alot of money either, i know people (like my mother and grandma) who swear by covergirl and have used it for 30+ years, and other people who spend 50-60 bucks on a foundation and truthfully i can't tell the difference, i mean i spend however much i have too (i use the kat von d which is like 35 i think and MUFE hd which is 48 i think) which are somewhat expensive but its because i love them, those are my HG foundations, i have used in the past $70.00 foundations, like Guerlain, and Dior but i really don't see the difference, i think its all about what works for you. 

i agree with you, i think foundation is SUPER important, on my "no-makeup days" i wear foundation because it like brings everything together and makes your face look put together.

arielaaaaaaaa

I think many of us can relate! 

I am all for spending a pretty penny of a good foundation, but i am just not impressed with what i've been trying. I don't find it's worth the price tag. If i'm spending $45 for a foundation i want it to be something that works for me, and i'm just not finding it with some of the most raved about brands. 

I am going to try exploring brands, I've always bought foundation from Sephora but i think it's time to start venturing out, I've been really watching GossMakeupArtist on Youtube and he's got crazy good suggestions for foundations that aren't overly priced, highly-pigmented, and they do seem like they are worth a try!

Carmen1986

Hey Arielaaaaaaaa,

I agree, if the product blows you away with a good impression then it's worth a hefty price tag. Mind you the amount of product I find needs to be increased for it to match the price they're selling it for retail. Well yeah, I think advertising wise they kinda take their claims a bit too far. Like for example a foundation lasting 24 hours is an impossible claim. Without evidence to back up that claim your just trying to produce a rather average product for the masses and collect off it. I'm all for trying foundations be it at Sephora, drugstores, Walmarts, Department stores, if I wanted id even order online. Unfortunately Sephora can't carry every brand in the world. However I think itd be awesome if Sephora/MAC/Ulta would merge and make a huge makeup store carrying brands from lower to higher end and actually having counters for each brand.  Btw that is just a dream I have had lol. Yeah Wayne Goss is usually pretty informative in the world of makeup. Mind you some of the brands he mentions I never heard of. I do want to take the Make Up Atelier Paris Waterproof makeup. If it can hold up for hours and look good then im for it. 

arielaaaaaaaa

All those claims don't impress me, I don't take them seriously, I try to find reviews from people with my skin type, but i just can't find something that has enough coverage, and doesn't dry my face. 

But i totally agree, He talks about brands i've NEVER heard of! But i have been reading about them, and checking their websites and i'm totally all for trying the MUD and RCMA cream foundations. They do seem like they would be just exactly what i need. And it just opened my eyes completely when he said that all these foundations we use are only 10-20% pigment while those are  50% pigment! they are worth a shot!! 

Titian06

Hi, Carmen!  I might be a foundation lover if companies made them in shades light enough and with a yellow undertone for my skin tone!  It's very hard for me to find a foundation.  The only two I have found and like are Neutrogena Skin Clearing (liquid) Foundation (I've been using this for years) and Tarte Amazonian Clay Powder Foundation (about 6 weeks).  I've also used samples of UD Naked in 1.0 and 2.0 several times.  I really like the foundation, but neither color is quite right, so I'm hesitant to invest in a full-size bottle.  I've tried the KVD powder (#44 I think) in store and liked it, but haven't decided if I really want to go the way of pressed powder.  At my Sephora make-over, the Sephora artist used the UD Naked pressed powder, which was nice as well, but was a little too dark.

As far as what you are doing, I think it's great!  It gives me an idea of what these foundations are like in a real-world environment.

Carmen1986

(0) Hearts

Hey Karen,

Your predicament is one that I see so much. I don't quite get why foundations aren't offered in extremely lighter shades or in ranges for different undertones. Well it'd be nice if you had more options available for you to test out. I have the same issues with finding foundations. I feel that their either too dark, too light or too **bleep** orange. I'm not an ooompa loompa after all. It's good you get samples, I can live off samples until I can say if a full size of a product is entirely necessary. Powder foundations can be tricky, unless you are skilled with application. I find that they make me look dried out but maybe I just don't apply it properly. I find lighting in Sephora to be horrible, so when you think you found the right shade it's not always a complete match. Well thank you :-). I have BOAT LOADS of foundations I wanna check out, some I may cross off if the reviews I get are telling me the product is crap, or if their color range doesn't have a shade fitting me. I'm glad your getting something out of this too which makes me feel good !. 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 14 replies
  • 20 hearts
  • 12 in conversation
    • DTalksAll
    • sephoramusthave
    • arielaaaaaaaa
    • aviscardi
    • annonymous1
    • roxystar4