erinm0719

I NEED MAKEUP HELP!

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Does anyone know of a really good high coverage concealer? I have REALLY BAD blue-green vanes under my eyes, I've tried so many high coverage concealers like Benefits Boi-ing concealer, but nothing has covered up my vanes so that the color does not show through.

When I'm at school or out in public, a lot of my friends even strangers comment on my eye asking why I have a black eye or why I have a bruise.

After awhile it get really annoying when thats all people talk to me about.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,

Erin

tracygirl64

Re: I NEED MAKEUP HELP!

(0) Hearts

I use Tarte's Maracuja C-Brighter Eye Treatment as my eye cream to brighten up my eyes. Then, I use a color corrector. I currently use Josie Maran's Color Blend Concealer (which she discontinued) so I will have to find a new one once this runs out. Lastly, I do my actual full coverage with Tarte's Maracuja Creaseless Concealer (this stuff is awesome!). I lightly dust powder over it to set it. I used to get comments on looking tired, but I don't ever get them anymore. Hopefully this helps. :smileyhappy:

nikki

(0) Hearts

My favorite full coverage concealer is MAC's studio finish. I use it undereyes, for redness, for blemishes, every where. I have dark circles under my eyes, and most days I can get by with just using that. For days where I've had no sleep, I use that, and then use BareMinerals Well Rested under my eyes to brighten and conceal. It also helps correct any eyeliner smudges I've made. :smileyvery-happy:

upload_7723976729316712085.jpg

TeemaB

(0) Hearts

Gurl I feel your pain. People ask me if I accidently smudged eyeliner under my eyes -_- Soo now I realized no matter how "full coverage" a concealer is people like us need 2 steps to their process to achieve the look they want. And it starts off with Correcting the color and then concealing it with a concealer that matches your skin tone. It depends on the formula you like best. If you like creamy Bobbi Brown's Peach corrector is great. The "darkness" of the peach depends on how dark your circles are. Unfortunatley I need the darkest - Dark Peach. Or you can try MUFE HD concealer which is liquid (the one in a twist tube) in shade 350 (peachy shade) and then let it set a bit and go over it with a concealer that matches your skin color! Personally I like the liquid concealers bc they dont settle in my lines as much as the cream ones. Hope this tips help! 

natyrose

(0) Hearts

try to find a peachy corrector for under your concealer..i use the peachy concealer from the MUFE concealer palette.. works perfect to hide my veins ...

HelloCoffee

(0) Hearts

Have you tried using a color corrector first?  I have the same issue with the blue veins under my eyes.  I find that using a yellow/peachy corrector first helps to neutralize the blue.

As for concealer, I like CoverFX cream concealer the best….I talk about on this site so much, but I think I am the only fan lol.  

knadala

(0) Hearts

I like the Physician's formula concealer RX in a tube, it has great coverage.

Em Cosmetics has a great tube concealer too that makes my blueness disappear. It can be layered.

missey1973

(0) Hearts

I have that same issues. I am so pale that my skin looks translucent. My chest looks like a road map of blue vanes. I am very self conscience of it. I found a mac paint pot that is perfect for my eye lids. It covers the blue vanes in my eyelids perfectly. To be honest, I was so impressed and happy I finally found something that worked that I tried it on other parts of my face but no luck there. It only works on my eyelids.

katief241981

(0) Hearts

Kevyn Aucoin Sensual Skin Enhancer is AMAZING! It is my holy grail concealer for sure. I've tried many others as well. It's pricey but you seriously use such a tiny amount it will last forever. I apply with a concealer brush. Sephora has a great one

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 hearts
  • 9 in conversation
    • nikki
    • tracygirl64
    • knadala
    • HelloCoffee
    • katief241981
    • TeemaB