remembertosmile

How to get a flawless face? That has acne.

jennypenny1995

Re: How to get a flawless face? That has acne.

Don't just rely on foundation.  That's a Band-aid perpetuating a problem that's not going away.  I'm in my 30s and only JUST NOW Discovered what actually is the "trick" to having a flawless look: healthy skin.  I had horrible cystic acne since I was about 19.  Horrible!  So, here's what changed it (and what I personally have found works):

1) wash your face daily, never leaving makeup on overnight. (Clinique's Mild Cleanser)

2) use a product containing salicylic acid in it 1-2 times daily to keep your pores unclogged.  When they're unclogged, they never become pimples or cysts.  (Clinique's #3 toner [pink one])

3) use oil-free makeup.

4) if you're oily, use a powder foundation. (Lancome's Dual Finish Foundation applied dry with a BeautyBlender)

5) to cover leftover blemishes or redness, use a concealer on top of your foundation.  Then, set with powder. (bobbi Brown's Touch Up Stick)

This, too, shall pass!  Remember that!

remembertosmile

(0) Hearts

Thank you!

jennypenny1995

You're very welcome!  I've been cyst-free for 7 months now after overhauling my skin care, so I feel confident you'll do the same after shifting some things around.  It'll take a few weeks or so to get it all worked out, but it's worth it!

brittany0859

You probably want a medium to full coverage foundation as well as a good concealer. Maybe a powder or a setting powder. We need more info for specific products! Do you have oily or dry skin? Does makeup tend to fade/slide off your face? Do you have acne all over your face? I know some people like to use a lighter coverage foundation and just conceal blemishes really well so it really just depends on what kind of products you want and your skin type

remembertosmile

(0) Hearts

I just bought Make Up For Ever HD foundation & concealer. & I use a cheap translucent setting powder. My skin is normal but with makeup, it seems/feels dry and my major insecurities are my cheeks. & The makeup stays in place but sets on my problematic areas.

brittany0859

You might want to look into a primer. Smashbox has a really good line of primers for different needs (some correct redness, brighten, hydrate, etc). Or you could look at a makeup setting spray. I really like Urban Decays all nighter. It also comes in a Dew Me version, which I've never tried, but I believe it's hydrating. Make sure you're moisturizing before you put on foundation as well. I really like Boscia Self Defense spf moisturizer, and then follow up with a primer. If your skin feels extra dry then mix a moisturizer with your foundation. This will sheer it out a bit but it should make it go on smoother and your skin will be well hydrated. A really good concealer is Nars Radiant Creamy concealer. It's not full coverage in my opinion but it never creases or cakes. It's perfect for those pesky, flaky pimples. If this stuff doesn't help then you might want to look into a new foundation.

remembertosmile

(0) Hearts

Thank you!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 7 hearts
  • 3 in conversation
    • jennypenny1995
    • brittany0859
    • remembertosmile