Alygal90

How do you remove your make-up?

(0) Hearts

I've been using Neutrogena make-up wipes and then I scrub my face with a cleanser. However, on days that I wear heavier make up I feel like I'm not getting it all off! It feels like the wipes remove some of it but then spread it around.

Any suggestions?

DTalksAll

Re: How do you remove your make-up?

(0) Hearts

I don't like wipes, most of the ones I've tried are full of alcohol & feel really harsh. 

Instead I soap a cotton square (shiseido) with a cleansing water, remove my eye makeup, then face. 

Then I wash my face, pat dry & use a softening lotion/alcohol free toner. 

IttyxBittyxMe

(0) Hearts

The only thing I use is coconut oil. I put it on my face, put a warm wash cloth on over it, and wipe. My face feels clean and super soft!

mberteig

(0) Hearts

I first use a bi-phasic liquid eye makeup remover on cotton balls to remove all of my eye makeup.  It usually takes 2 or 3 cotton balls to get it all off.  If I'm wearing a lip stain or highly pigmented lipstick, I use some of the makeup remover on a cotton ball to take off the lipcolor as well.

Then I wash my face using Ole Henriksen African Red Tea Foaming facial cleanser.  This cleanser removes makeup, so it removes the foundation, blush, etc., the rest of the makeup on my face.

Then I do my nightly skincare routine.

mlmac

(0) Hearts

My face must be clean with every trace of makeup removed so I usually go with coconut oil massaged all over to remove makeup and then rinse, wipe with whatever wipe I have on hand at the time, and then do manuka honey on my face for at least 15 minutes a day.  My face feels so happy after that!

Loretta55

(0) Hearts

I use Josie Maran cleansing oil to remove my make up followed up with a lip exfoliant (at the moment the Tarte Exfoliant) rinse the followed up with Josie Maran Argan oil. 

CaitlinBrunson

(0) Hearts

I never feel like the the wipes can ever compare with balms. You have to worry about them drying out, tend to not have the best ingredients, are not meant for the eye area, etc. On heavy makeup days, I use my disinfected beauty spoon to get out some Clinique Take the Day Off Balm and then cleanse my face. It gets rid of heavy stage makeup and the most difficult mascara. 

infinitise

(0) Hearts

Cleansing oils are the best

I don't have to rub my eyes to get the makeup off...

I just massage the oil for like 2 minutes, add little bits of water to foam up a little bit and wash it off. 

I'm using Boscia right now because it has better ingredients but I personally like the Bobbi brown and Shu uemura's pink bottle. 

I've heard that some people use coconut or olive oil to do so but haven't tried them myself 

midnightangel

(0) Hearts

My facial cleansers usually get it all.

When I wear eyeliner, I will use a little makeup remover on a Q-tip before washing.

lilahtov

(0) Hearts

I love those Neutrogena wipes, but I've been trying to use them a bit less often as the alcohol in them can be drying for your skin. I am currently using Eve Lom's cleanser, which gets all my makeup (even waterproof stuff) off, but a lot of cleansers besides Eve Lom's get makeup off as well.

makeupmaven

(0) Hearts

I really like Eve Lom's Cleanser/ her cleansing ritual. I do this when I get home so that when I'm ready to fall asleep I just have to brush my teeth. Really relaxing/ nice way to tell yourself that the day is over!

katie1724

(0) Hearts

I really only use makeup remover for very heavy eye makeup; otherwise, I don't use it. When I do need it, I love La Roche-Posay's micellar water or Respectissime eye makeup remover, or Bioderma Créaline micellar solution. After an average day of makeup, though, I just use my normal cleanser + Clarisonic. :smileyhappy:

mychoi

(0) Hearts

equal parts castor oil and olive or grapeseed oil.  Massaged all over the face and finished with the clarisonic :smileyhappy:

brittany0859

I use a makeup removing cleanser/milk/balm, and then I follow up with a normal cleanser. I like Cliniques Take The Day Off Balm. I've used wipes before and just felt like they didn't get all of it off. I prefer to use a cleanser instead because I feel like it takes it all off better. The Clinique balm will take off all your face and eye makeup really easily

TrysBeautyItems

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Philosophy purity made simple, one step remover and cleanser. To remove eye makeup, especially waterproof, and from drugstore - Almay pads then purity. Or purity and the clarisonic.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 14 replies
  • 1 heart
  • 15 in conversation
    • makeupmaven
    • katie1724
    • DTalksAll
    • mberteig
    • mlmac
    • brittany0859