How do I make my foundation less patch? I am a beginner to makeup and need help.

(0) Hearts

I`m new to makeup and it seems whenever I put on my foundation it`s patchy and looks horrible. Is it the way i am applying or am I missing something? Can someone please help me?

Re: How do I make my foundation less patch? I am a beginner to makeup and need help.

(0) Hearts

Hi @keeley123,

it depends on many things.

It may be that the formula of your foundation doesn't work for your skin and, in this case, it doesn't matter how well you apply it.

It may be that your foundation doesn't work well with the moisturizer you are using or with your primer. 

It may be that you are not blending it properly.

I think you just need to try different products and be aware of the different application techniques until you find one that suits you.

Eleonora ;-)

Re: How do I make my foundation less patch? I am a beginner to makeup and need help.

(0) Hearts

Is there a way to know which primer or moisturizer that will work well with my foundation? I use the tarte rain forest of the sea foundation and I know it works well for my skin because I had a color match but do you think you could help?

(0) Hearts

@keeley123

Tarte Rainforest is a good foundation for dry skin. When I mentioned the formula I was referring to your skin type (not the color match).

For the way you prep your skin you should try different products unil you find the right combo because every skin is different AND a specific primer or moisturizer could not work with your foundation. 

When I was younger I used Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizng Lotion  for a decade under my foundation and worked well. I had drier skin. 

For the application I would advise you to invest in a good foundation brush (preferably kabuki) and in a beautyblender. 

Hope this helps.

Eleonora

Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 hearts
  • 2 in conversation