hhartleyy

How can I make my CC cream look less cakey?

(0) Hearts

I recently purchased my Smashbox CC cream and it looks a little cakey on my skin. I don't wear it on a regular basis but when I do put it on, it's really thick on my skin. What are some tips I can use to make my problem vanish? Thanks!

beautylovingirl

Re: How can I make my CC cream look less cakey?

(0) Hearts

Try using a smaller amount and  if that doesn't work try mixing it with a small amount of your moisturizer to thin it out.

jellybean917

(0) Hearts

I apply my moisturizer, and then apply the CC cream with a brush, just like foundation. I use about a pea-size for my whole face and just blend it all around. I use CC cream on "no makeup makeup" days - I think using a brush allows more control to avoid over-application of the product. And of course, moisturized skin is a must for a dewy, natural look.

I haven't tried the Smashbox CC cream, but I love my Sephora Collection one.

theramenlover

(0) Hearts

If it's super thick, then it might just be that the consistency that you're looking for in your base/foundation/cc cream is something thinner, like in a liquid foundation. You could always try to thin it out with a beauty blender. You'd wet the blender or sponge first and then squeeze a bit of the cc cream on it before applying it onto your face! 

To tone down the cakey look post-makeup, you could try spritzing your face with some water or a special sort of makeup finishing spray. I use one by Urban Decay but since you don't wear the cc cream on a regular basis, plain rosewater sprays sold at Target or even water would do the trick! 

kalex

(0) Hearts

Using a damp sponge like the Beauty Blender (ore even one of those cheapy wedges) will help sheer out thicker or heavier coverage products.

kenny

(0) Hearts

I find with thicker face products, it's much easier to blend and even out with a buffing brush. Start with small amounts on smaller areas and blend adding more as you need it. My favorite buffing brush is Real Technique's

glossyguru

I would always start out by using a moisturizer and primer just to even out the skin and get rid of dryer areas. This will help the cc cream go on a lot smoother. And if it's really thick, the only thing I can think to do it put on less at first, and add more as needed.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 heart
  • 7 in conversation
    • kalex
    • kenny
    • theramenlover
    • beautylovingirl
    • glossyguru
    • jellybean917