disneygirl98

How To Add More Coverage To my Smashbox Liquid Halo Foundation???

So I did a Personal Beauty Consultant Advice thing at Sephora like 2 months ago and after trying like 10 different foundation/bb cream/tinted moisturizers I finally landed on the Smashbox Liquid Halo Foundation. It was the only foundation that I tried that didn't look cakey on me, however I want a way to add more coverage to it. I have the MUFE Full Coverage Concealer and its perfect for the single blemishes here and there but I want something that I could combine with the Smashbox foundation to give me extra coverage on my forehead, chin, and nose. 

Also, I have combination skin with dry patches of my cheeks, forehead, and chin and an really oily nose. Could you guys also recommend a good primer that gives me a youthful glow since I'm a teenager while controlling my oil? Thanx girls! xoxo

mbliger

Re: How To Add More Coverage To my Smashbox Liquid Halo Foundation???

(0) Hearts

Powder foundation is the way to go.  When I like to add more coverage, I personally use the Mac studio fix powder foundation.

1000x1000.jpg 

mberteig

I agree with the advice below of setting it with a powder foundation.  That's what I do.  For this purpose, I really like using the Sephora Microsmooth powder foundation.

DTalksAll

What about setting it with a powder foundation instead of translucent. 

I have dry skin & my favorite Medium Coverage powder foundations are: 

Too Faced Amazing Face

upload_54456218401320346.jpg

http://www.sephora.com/amazing-face-spf-15-foundation-powder-P266706?skuId=1267004

Dior Forever Flawless

upload_1259684029350909790.jpg

http://www.sephora.com/diorskin-forever-compact-flawless-perfection-fusion-wear-makeup-spf-25-P29740...

Are you exfoliating & moisturizing your skin enough? Foundations play nicer when you have a proper skincare routine. 

andyhtrieu

I agree, if you use a powder foundation, it will add more coverage. Totally forgot that you can do this! 

DTalksAll

(0) Hearts

Forgot to ask... Any chance you tried the Ardency Inn Custom Coverage Foundation?

upload_7307183587348814911.jpg

http://www.sephora.com/americana-custom-coverage-concentrate-P382251?skuId=1537422&icid2=ArdencyInn_...

You control the coverage by mixing it with your primer or moisturizer. It can be a sheer tinted moisturizer, full coverage foundation, or a concealer. 

RandeeBT

Hi disneygirl98,

Have you ever considered mixing the Make Up For Ever Full Coverage Concealer with the Smashbox Liquid Halo Foundation for added coverage?

I would apply the Smashbox foundation on your entire face to even out your skintone, and then for your 2nd layer of makeup, I suggest mixing the Smashbox foundation with your concealer and applying only to the areas that need more coverage. I recommend using a smaller brush for this to make sure this 2nd layer is only applied to the areas that need it. My favorite brush for this is the Sephora Collection Pro Airbrush Concealer Brush #57. It is the perfect small size for blending concealer and foundation to targeted areas.

In terms of a great primer for combination skin, I recommend Laura Mercier's Radiance Primer. This primer helps control oil, but keeps your skin looking radiant. :smileyhappy:

upload_7837716954984574518.jpg

upload_7364642115688164154.jpg

Best,
Randee
weeeeweeeeeee

(0) Hearts

Have you tried mixing the concealer with the foundation itself?

Hourglass Mineral Veil Primer is great for oily skin, Smashbox also makes one that is for blemish control, or a lighter version of their regular primer which is amazing!

andyhtrieu

You can try adding another layer of foundation on, but when I tried to do that, It looked the same. It's very sheer. I know how to sheer out a foundation, but I've never tried adding more coverage to one. Perhaps you should try a different foundation, one that has medium coverage. The Clinique Stay Matte foundation is very good at controlling oil. It provides light to medium coverage and sets to a semi-matte finish. I don't know how well it will work on areas that have dry spots, but I think it will magnify them. You might want to exfoliate and moisturize well before using it. The foundation looks surprisingly natural on my skin. I still lightly set it with a powder to seal it. 

If you want glowy skin, I suggest using a highlighter on your cheekbones or use a light reflecting primer before. I like L'Oreal's Magic Lumi Primer. I only use a tiny bit on my cheekbones. Because I have oily skin, my skin will eventually get glowy, so I don't need much. 

Also, a new skincare routine or swapping some products could help balance out your dry patches and oily nose.

One more thing, try to keep your posts in one thread. Don't make multiple posts on the same inquiry because it will be hard to keep track of. I hope all of this helps! :smileyhappy:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 7 hearts
  • 7 in conversation
    • DTalksAll
    • mberteig
    • weeeeweeeeeee
    • disneygirl98
    • mbliger
    • andyhtrieu