kenny

Hourglass vs. Guerlain

So I have been eyeballing both the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette and the Guerlain. They are both finishing powders which are supposed to really enhance the look of the skin. But since both of these serve the same type of purpose (and they aren't aren't exactly cheap) I only want to get one. I do already have the Hourglass in Diffused light, but I have been wanting to try more shades. But Temptalia sold me on the Guerlain (and I love everything I've tried from them!)

Which would you prefer?

upload_1758773718422716550.jpgupload_8801055266891953533.jpg

drrragon

Re: Hourglass vs. Guerlain

@kenny -- have you decided yet?  I'm trying to decide too, between the Hourglass palette (i have and LOVE diffused) and Guerlain magic balls :smileyvery-happy:  I'm a bit worried that Radiant is too sparkly though.

kenny

Yes, I just got the Guerlain compact today! :smileyhappy: Yay! I panicked a little when the girl has a hard time finding it in the drawers, luckily she found it! I'm so excited to play with it.

I might end up getting the Hourglass also though with the 20% off coming up...

drrragon

ooh yay congrats!   let us know how it goes!  how did you decide on the pressed powder vs magic balls?  

kenny

Honestly Temptalia's reviews sold me. She mentioned in her review that all the sudden her husband mentioned how great she looked (out of nowhere) while trialing this.... I'm easily sold on pretty powders aren't I? And also because I know how quickly the Wulong compact sold out last year, I jumped on this bad boy as quick as I could.

But I find in practice I like pressed powders best (I'm not sure exactly why). Although I haven't tried the real magic balls yet, maybe I will have to and it will change my mind.

DTalksAll

(0) Hearts

I love my magic powder balls, but I really want this compact! It's a steal compared to last year's prices. Want, Want, Want! 

DTalksAll

#TeamMagicBalls :smileytongue: 

shortstuff07

I vote for Hourglass!  

A.  I love the palette, and just ordered another single.

B.  Hourglass is cruelty free, Guerlain is not.  

:smileyhappy:

ghkim

i vote for guerlain. i havent tried it but i have the hourglass palette and (i may get booed for this) am underwhelmed. the dim color is a little dark on me and the one on the right makes me look like i've been to a tanning booth but is not quite dark enough to be a bronzer. the middle color just doesn't show up on me at all. i do get an airbrushed sort of look if i apply a lot of the hourglass powder in dim, but it does make me look like i am wearing the wrong color foundation, and it also ends up caking by the end of the day. i haven't tried the guerlain but have heard wonderful things.

roxystar4

ghkim, i too have been underwhelmed by the Hourglass Ambient Lighting powder

alkapassi

Hi,

from where are you getting this Guerlain Radiance powder.Its unavailable on Nordstorm and sephore does not have it ?

Thanks

viviene23

(0) Hearts

They still have it at bloomingdale's. If its not available online, call the Bloomingdale's south coast plaza location in Cali...they still have it a few days ago.

kenny

(0) Hearts

I actually ended up getting it at The Bay (Canadian department store). 

garnett

I LOVE the Ambient Lighting Powders and would recommend the palette to you.  Yes, it's only slightly more product than one full size compact BUT you are getting three colors instead of one and that is why it costs $13 more than a single.  The Ambient compacts last forever.  I have been using mine constantly since they came out and it doesn't even look like I have made a dent into the product.  One thing to consider is buying one of these items for yourself and asking for the other as a holiday gift.  :smileywink:

calamityjane85

Since you have the hourglass I would try guerlain, I have the palette and a guerlain powder, ugh that's a tough decision!!!!   You won't be dissapointed  either way :smileyhappy:  that's like asking to pick a favorite child 

poshified

That's a really tough decision! I highly recommend picking up the Guerlain powder this year, because not only does it brighten your complexion, but it's for a fraction of the price this holidays. Last year's pressed meteorites (Wulong) came at a hefty price tag of $170!

The Hourglass palette is a good way to have three of the Ambients, but two of the shades are permanent. Also, the whole palette -- while it may seem like a good deal -- is only slightly bigger than a normal sized Ambient powder.

I hope that helps :smileyhappy:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 15 replies
  • 36 hearts
  • 11 in conversation
    • kenny
    • DTalksAll
    • drrragon
    • poshified
    • roxystar4