roxystar4

Hourglass Kick- Immaculate Foundation

(0) Hearts

I think I'm on an hourglass kick. LOL. Ive been drooling over their products but since they dont carry them at my local JCP Sephora I have been gun shy about buying some (although I do have an Ambient Lighting powder in my cart atm).

I have 3 different colors of the Immaculate Foundation in my heart/wish list right now- 

Shell - fair with neutral undertones

s1341007-main-hero.jpg

Ivory - fair to light with yellow undertones

s1341015-main-hero.jpg

Porcelain - very fair with yellow undertones

s1340991-main-hero.jpg

I feel like the online images really confuse me because some of them look darker or lighter/pinker than their descriptions.  Can someone please help me match my tone to Immaculate Liquid Powder Foundation Mattifying Oil Free?

Other shades that match me well:

MAC Mineralize Liquid Foundation NC20

UD Naked 2.0

Este Lauder DW Ecru (a tad light but I LOVE this foundation- a bit of blush & bronzer & it looks awesome!)

Thank you!

beautylovingirl

Re: Hourglass Kick- Immaculate Foundation

@kd006-Awww Thanks!

kd006

@beautylovingirl thanks! I always read all of your posts because I just think you're so friendly to everyone and you've tried a lot of products so I just love your opinions and most of the times, the products I love, you have recommended as well!

AlwaysGlamorous

I actually recently went in store for samples of this foundation. I wear shade 3.5 in UD Naked (bought in winter and now a tad too pink and if I was going to get a new shade it would be 2.0) and 125 in MUFE HD. The SA gave me Shell and Natural after we played around with some swatching. I found that Shell fit me best and was one of the best foundation matches I've had in awhile. It seems like we have similar skin tones....hope this helps!

beautylovingirl

@kd006- No don't apologize I haven't personally worn it what I said was just from everyone that has really bad oily skin wearing it that's all I was going off of. Don't apologize I don't take what you say wrong ever I think your a doll!

kd006

I'm an NC15 in mac and shell matches me amazingly well. It's the foundation that suits me the best. Sorry beautylovingirl, but I have dry skin, and LOVE this TM. It just gives great coverage and doesn't make me look to matte. If you swatch it on your hand it almost has like little shimmers in it that make it look glowy. It just looks beautiful. It definitely keeps me matte throughout the day but glowy at the same time.

beautylovingirl

It's so hard to tell off of pictures .

melissabt

Hmm I would say off of those pics the porcelain looks the most yellow toned!

<3 Melissa
roxystar4

(0) Hearts

I saw another post with a swatch of the porcelain and it looked really yellow toned too. I am def not that yellow toned. I have a pinch of yellow but I can sometimes wear Neutral foundations depending on the brand

beautylovingirl

No I don't either I like it to match perfect or just a little lighter b/c that's better than too dark any time.

roxystar4

we are twins with how we like our foundation

beautylovingirl

Is your arm about the same color as hers? Yeah testing is the best. On her arm shell looks the best match for her.

roxystar4

(0) Hearts

My skin is a little lighter and a tiny bit more yellow toned.  That is why i said I was scared. I agree with you that shell looks like a good pick for her (i thought the color was a little dark- she had also posted several pics of her with the Golden shade on her face, which I thought was a little dark for her). But that is just me, I dont like my foundation to be darker than my face at all!  

beautylovingirl

I would say Shell because of the neutral undertones because if you have yellow undertones the other two might turn to yellow on you.:smileyhappy: And also do you know that this is for extremely oily skin so if your not that oily it may be too drying for you so make sure you get a sample of it.

roxystar4

(0) Hearts

good point about the oily skin. My forehead & nose are oily, around my mouth is dry and my cheeks are normal.  Maybe not the best fit then??

I found this swatch which has scared the heck out of me (from beauty professor blog). Based on this pic, Im not sure any of them would work. I wish there was a free standing sephora near me where I could test & match the product myself.

hgfdtn2.JPG

melissabt

Hi Roxystar4,

Based on the shades that you currently wear in other brands, I think that the Ivory - fair to light with yellow undertones will be the best match for you! Try going by the description rather than the picture. I find that they always differ on each computer and I sometimes do a search online to see if anyone has posted some swatches online!

<3 Melissa
roxystar4

(0) Hearts

i did go on the hourglass website to see what they said but it Sephora's site offered more description. Im going to check for some swatches via google images. thanks!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 16 replies
  • 13 hearts
  • 5 in conversation
    • melissabt
    • roxystar4
    • beautylovingirl
    • AlwaysGlamorous
    • kd006
Photos4