JayNet123

Holy Grail setting powder

What us your holy grail setting powder? The powder that not only makes your skin look flawless, but sets the foundation so it lasts all day long, and leaves a beautiful finish?

incinci

Re: Holy Grail setting powder

(0) Hearts

I am obsessed with face powder beads, my first purchase was the Geurlain Meteorites in Teint Rose and I loved it!  I liked them so much, I went on the hunt for other powder beads and found the Too Faced Sweetheart Powder Gems.  I mixed the Geurlain with the Too Faced and it gives the most awesome finish to the skin.  It is matte with a radiant finish.  I also have the Geurlain Meteorites pressed powder compact for on the go touch ups and it also leaves my skin matte but radiant.  The only other powder beads I found are from Victorias Secret  I just bought some on Ebay and haven't received them yet--I may have to mix some in with my Too Faced/Geurlain concoction!  Icing also sells powder beads, but I don't think they have a radiance to them, although I haven't seen them in person.  I am not sure how good they would be seeing as how they are from a jewelry store!!

drrragon

[ Edited ]

anyone here ever tried Ben Nye banana powder?  I'm really curious about it!

p.s. my favorite is Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powders.  I have Diffused and it just melts right into my skin and disappears leaving a soft focus effect without looking powdery at all.

tuesdaym

I haven't tried the Banana powder but I am currently using Ben Nye Super White face powder because I am super pale and it is the only powder light enough to highlight my face without shimmer. I would assume the powder is the same consistency as the Banana powder. I like it because it is very finely milled like the MUFE HD powder, but it doesn't wisp away everywhere like the HD and is not made of Silica.  You also get a TON of product for the money. The super white I have had for years and only paid $5.00 in a local costume shop for 1.75 oz and I have only used about 1/5 of the product.

drrragon

that sounds really interesting!  I've been searching forever for a highlighting powder that doesn't have obvious shimmer/glitter particles!  wish I could find Ben Nye at a local retailer.

tuesdaym

Sometimes you can find it at Halloween shops when they pop up, but the store I got mine from closed a few years ago and I imagine most costume shops are out of business. You might also try a dance supply shop since they use costume makeup as well. I just looked it up on Amazon and there is one seller with the shaker container for $6 plus $4.49 shipping.

drrragon

[ Edited ]

whoa, this is some serious stuff!  i definitely gotta try this!  none of my light mattes have enough pigment, maybe this one does.  thanks tuesdaym!

this image is from fantasycostume dot net when I did a google search for the ben nye super white:

swfupload_1449046251597587506.jpg

tuesdaym

(0) Hearts

@drrragon You are welcome!

DTalksAll

@starletta8 I have the pearls & the compact & like them both equally. The compact doesn't have shimmer in it but still works like a setting powder. I keep it in my purse with the Too Faced retractable for touch ups or when I'm rushing out of the house & don't have time to set my makeup. 

Both have the lavender scent. 

serenity505

Nars Light reflecting Pressed setting powder.  I haven't stopped using it since the day I bought it.  Doesn't settle into fine lines and sets my undereye concealer better than anything else I have ever used.

tuesdaym

Guerlain Meterorites! I have it in Teint Rose 01 and I love it! I have had it for 7 months and it is by far my favorite setting powder. It makes skin look flawless and the product seems to be everlasting (for me anyway!) So worth the money!

katie1724

I love NARS Light Reflecting Pressed Setting Powder -- it definitely leaves a flawless finish. I do have to retouch, though (but I always do, no matter what I use). 

Smashbox Halo is also a fabulous powder -- I wouldn't call it a setting powder, per se, but I wear it on top of foundation, since it doesn't have much coverage (or on its own).

jennypenny1995

Tarte's Finishing Powder is nice.  Lasts well, doesn't cake, doesn't oxidize into bronze or orange.  A tiny amount does your whole face, too.

DTalksAll

Another vote for Guerlain! I loved the meteorites so much I went out & bought the pressed powder compact for touch-ups when I'm on the go. 

There's something about it that feels so luxurious... the smell, the packaging, the application... 

starletta8

(0) Hearts

Do you think that the Guerlain could be used without the meterorites?

snoopyb53

(0) Hearts

Bobbi Browns sheer pressed powder in yellow if you have any redness. It gets rid of it instantly! BUT, I also LOVE her new color-correcting powders. Sephora does not sell them yet :smileysad: They are amazing, though. Makes you look airbrushed!

starletta8

Timely topic since I keep eyeing the Meterorites but can't convince myself to pull the trigger!

Is there anyone that has the compact (not the $170 Voyager one) that comes in three shades?

tuesdaym

Get it! You won't regret it! I have it in the perles rather than the compact and I have had it for 7 months and it doesn't even look like I have used it. It seems to last forever, so it is totally worth the money!

carolang

What brush do you use?

tuesdaym

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

A big fluffy brush for all over face and a fluffy blending eye brush for targeted areas like under eyes and setting concealer. I am currently using Sonia Kashuk face brush (the ones with the black contoured handles) and a Sigma E40 for targeted application.

beautylovingirl

The Mufe HD powder:smileyhappy::smileyhappy::smileyhappy::smileyhappy::smileyhappy:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 26 replies
  • 23 hearts
  • 18 in conversation
    • katie1724
    • DTalksAll
    • sephoramusthave
    • serenity505
    • drrragon
    • jennypenny1995