paigecey07

Holy Grail Face Makeup

Not skincare, but skin makeup what are your holy grail products? 

Blush? Foundation? Brushes? Bronzer? Highlight? Concealer? 

I think I'm going to re-vamp my skin makeup for the new school year. 

waterbaby1981

Re: Holy Grail Face Makeup

(0) Hearts

My holy grail products:

Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer Oil Free SPF 20 or Nars Pure Radiant TM SPF 30

LM Foundation Primer Oil Free or Radiance Primer

LM Undercover Pot

Nars Laguna Bronzer or Clinique Bronzer in Sunkissed

Clinique Blushing Blusher in Honey Blush or Nars Multiple in Orgasm

Most of my brushes are Laura Mercier.  Pricey, but well worth it.  I've had most of mine for about 7-8 years now and they've never shed.  The one MAC angled blush brush I have, on the other hand, I never use because it's too stiff and scratchy.  A total waste of $35.  However, I love my Clinique bronzing brush.  Picks up just the right amount of bronzer every time.

theramenlover

(0) Hearts

Foundation → I stick to either NARS' Tinted Moisturizer or to Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua which is fantastic but it does oxidize a bit so I'm more careful about using it. 

Blush → I'm currently using the Josie Maran Coconut Water Cheek Gelee and I absolutely love it! It gives off a bit of a glow and it's very natural. 

Concealer → NARS again! Love their creamy radiant concealer and I take it everywhere with me. I don't wear much foundation but I always like to carry my concealer in case I need to fix up a bit. 

I don't use bronzer or highligher so I can't help with suggestions but for brushes, I use a combination of Ecotools and Real Techniques! The Real Techniques brushes are my favorites. An entire set can be bought for less than $20 and the quality is fantastic :smileyhappy:

neko333

(0) Hearts

-For foundation, Holika Holika Petit BB Cream Clearing. They have other formulations but this one is the only one I've tried. I've had really great results with it. Great at covering without looking heavy or fake. The only negative is that it only comes in one color, so if you aren't in the light-medium range it probably won't work for you.

- For blush I really like Korres powder blush for the way it blends. 

-Bronzer I tend to like anything by Physicians Formula. Right now I have the Cashmere one.

-Highlighter I really like Benefit High Beam. 

-Concealer I've re-bought Neutrogenas Healthy Skin Smoothing Stick several times now. IT has a light enough shade for me, natural looking, and decent wear time. I tried Tarte amazonian clay concealer which has basically the same color and texture, the main difference was it lasted a longer. 

gongju87

yay! Thanks so much! I plan on going to sephora after work today! I want t get a sample of the tarte amazonian clay as well as MUF mat+velvet which for whatever reason I never got around to trying! Figure I will try them both out next week so that I can get a new foundation during 2/3/4 x!

Since you are the same color in KVD, what color did you get in Tarte? I was thinking Sand perhaps?

Kiki1517

(0) Hearts

I got Medium-Tan Sand for a sample, but I also have a tan right now. If you aren't tanned at all, I would go with Light-Medium Sand which is a new shade. I purchased Light Sand last time and I think it was too light. Light-Medium Honey might also work. When I swatched them in store they're pretty close just depends if your undertone is more cool or warm. 

GladazzleBeauty

(0) Hearts

I love Revlon Colorstay Whipped Foundation. It is amazing. For blush I like NYX and Milani. Fave bronzer is NYC Sunny, Highlight Physicians Formula translucent pearl and concealer Loreal crayon concealer and Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Dark Circle Eraser.

gongju87

(0) Hearts

Ah, I can never seem to reply directly to someone on  beauty talk :smileysad:

@kiki1517, thanks so much for the review on UD. Do you feel it is as sheer as some claim it to be? That was a concern of mine, I like a medium to full vs light coverage.

I feel the same as you about the Kat Von D. I loved the staying power, and 52 was a great match, but it looked sooooo fake on me! I've been using the Lancome Tient Idole and I love the finish...I would say semi matte, but the shine control is poor :/

Please do keep me posted on the amazonian clay!

Kiki1517

(0) Hearts

I replied above before I saw this, so look up too :smileyhappy:

Yeah the UD is pretty light, which doesn't bother me, but it's sooo thin and watery that it's kinda hard to work with. I usually dispense on the back of my hand and then apply a little at a time to my face, but with this, it drips all over!

I'm the same shade in KVD and I used to use Lancome too but I think it broke me out and don't want to take chances. Definitely check out the Amazonian Clay. Luckily the girl in Sephora literally filled the sample container so it will last me a good two weeks probably! Yay!

clarks18

(0) Hearts

Blush: Benefit Dandelion

Foundation: I rarely wear foundation but when I do I wear Perfectly Real by Clinique

Bronzer: Baby Don't Go by MAC.  It's actually a blush but it's the perfect cool toned brown for me to contour with without looking orange or dirty.  Also  Milk Choclate Bronzer by Too Faced.  It smells like chocolate and looks very natural.

Highlight: Oh La Lift by Benefit.  Or any matte white shadow.  I'm pale enough that I can use a matte white eyeshadow on my face and not look dead.

Concealer: Pro Longwear by MAC, HD Concealer by NYX, and Makeup Forever's HD Concealer.  All three are amazing.

Finishing Powder: Tarte Smooth Operator, and Smashbox Photo Set Powder.  Both are translucent.

Brushes: Real Techniques Stippling Collection, Real Techniques Setting Brush, Sephora Mineral Powder Brush, Beauty Blender

Primer: Hourglass Mineral Veil Primer, Benefit The Porefessinal, Too Faced Shadow Insurance

annonymous1

Foundation: KVD Lock-it Tattoo foundation/Makeup forever HD foundation

Blush: Tarte Amazonian clay in Dollface

Bronzer: Too Faced chocolate Soleil/Makeup forever mat bronze 

Highlight/Luminzer: Becca shimmering skin perfecter in Moonstone

Primer(s) : UD B-6 prep spray, Hourglass mineral viel, Makeup forever HD foundation in 1. 

Another must have for my face would be the UD all nighter spray, it holds my makeup in place for hours 

Good luck! :smileyhappy:

gongju87

(0) Hearts

@kiki1517 how do you like the UD naked and Tarte Amazonian? Would you consider them for oily skin?

Kiki1517

@gongju87 I have combo skin and although I love the Tarte Maracuja (I use a mattifier in the tzone) it isn't working for me for the summer, I'm just too oily. I tried the UD Naked yesterday and I stayed matte longer. I'm going to try the Amazonian Clay today and I'll report back. 

I've tried Kat Von D and Hourglass Immaculate Liquid to Powder that are better for oily skin, but although I liked KVD, it was TOO full coverage that even using a tiny bit, or mixing with a more sheer foundation, caked in the creases (like around my nose and forehead). The Hourglass foundation would be great if it didnt oxidize so badly. It went on beautifully, but sadly I was 3 shades darker a few hours later.

Kiki1517

(0) Hearts

I think I am liking the Tarte Amazonian Clay the best! More coverage without looking cakey and I'm staying matte the most with this one. I know I tried it before but I think they expanded their shades so I found a color that matches better now (before I was in between and didn't want to have to buy two just to mix).. 

Kiki1517

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Blush: Tarte Amazonian Clay in Exposed

Brushes: Bhumi & Real Techniques

Bronzer: Too Faced Chocolate Soleil

Powder: Inglot Loose Powder

Highlight: Estee Lauder Illuminating Gelee in Heatwave 

Concealer: I don't use often, but when I do KVD Tattoo 

Foundation: No HG yet, but I like Tarte Maracuja and Inglot YSM (wish Inglot's were more yellow based and it might be a HG). I'm sampling UD Naked and Tarte Amazonian Clay right now.

jennypenny1995

(0) Hearts

Foundation: Lancome's Dual Finish; Clinique's Line Smoothing Concealer; Benefit's World Famous Neutrals eye palette (in "Easiest"); Clinique's High Impact Mascara; Clinique's Quickliner for Eyes; Tarte's cheek color in "Exposed"; YSL's Rouge Volupte Shine lipstick; NYX lip gloss

halloweenbaby36

Blush: Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush in Dollface

Foundation: Diorskin Forever Flawless Perfection Wear Makeup

Brushes:

-foundation: beauty blender

-blush: Bobbi Brown blush brush

Bronzer: Benefit's Hoola for an all over glow, Too Faced Chocolate Soleil for contouring

Highlight: Dior Shimmer Star in Rose Diamond

Concealer: Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer

Setting Powder: Nars light reflecting loose setting powder under my eyes and Clinique Stay Matte Sheer pressed powder followed by Urban Decay De-Slick setting spray

I just re-vamped my makeup for this school year because I'm going to a new school and so far I'm loving everything. I saw your other post about the beauty blender, and I must say it's worth it. It makes my foundation blend into my skin beautifully, like I'm not even wearing foundation but like I just have perfect skin (I wish lol). I hope this helped some :smileyhappy:

trucie

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Blush: MUFE HD Microfinish Blush

Primer: Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer SPF 15

Foundation: Givenchy Photo'Perfexion Fluid Foundation SPF 20 PA+++, Dior Diorskin Forever Flawless Perfection Wear Makeup (I just wish it has a few more lighter shades)

Bronzer: Benefit Hoola

Highlight: YSL Touche Eclat, NARS Illuminator in Copacabana

Concealer: MUFE Full Cover Concealer

Setting: UD De-slick Spray, Too Faced Primed & Poreless Loose Powder

poshified

(0) Hearts

Primer: Hourglass Mineral Veil

Foundation: Missha Perfect Cover BB cream

Setting powder: LORAC Porefection or NARS pressed light reflecting powder

Bronzer (to contour): Kevyn Aucoin Sculpting Powder Medium

Bronzer (to warm up complexion): MAC Nude on Board

Blush: MAC Royal Sunset or NARS Orgasm

Highlighter: Chanel Poudre Signee de Chanel illuminator

Undereye powder brightener: Jill Stuart Mix Face Powder in Charming Feline

poemelyric

(0) Hearts

Blush:Nars blush in Lovejoy... It just gives me a little flush of color

Foundation:I've been loving Kat Von D's Lock it...  It covers everything

Brushes:I usually go with Sephora or Kat Von D

Concealer:Nars Creamy Radient Concealer is my fave

ghkim

(0) Hearts

Blush: Illamasqua cream blush in promise. Very natural pink flush. But I haven't found an Illamasqua blush that I don't like! Very pigmented and lovely to apply.

Foundation: MUFE HD. I keep coming back to this one.

Brushes: MAC 217 and 239 for eyes, Sephora 45 and 56, Illamasqua blush brush 1

Bronzer: Chanel Soliel Tan 

Powder: La Mer in Translucent. This may be my favorite product of all time. Makes almost any foundation look perfect. But I do prefer banana powder for oily friends of mine.

Highlight: Becca in Pearl- absolutely love this. For oily faces, I like the Balm Mary Loumanizer.

Concealer: I use Kevyn Aucoin Sensual Skin enhancer as a concealer

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 27 replies
  • 10 hearts
  • 17 in conversation
    • theramenlover
    • poemelyric
    • waterbaby1981
    • annonymous1
    • jennypenny1995