swinnie239

Help with finding a foundation

I've had trouble finding a good foundation for my skin and was looking for suggestions.I have combination and sensitive skin. I have tried a bunch and so far nothing has worked and I am looking for more ideas. I want something for everyday that has sheerer coverage and is light on the skin. Thanks.
I've tried mineral foundation and bare minerals and the Laura Mercier one worked well enough, but I just found them impractical and messy. They had a tendency to get everywhere and sometimes stained my clothes. The Physician's Formula one did nothing for coverage and made my face shiny so that one was really wrong for me.
Liquid seems to be the way I tend for prefer, but the ones I've tried have either felt too thick or emphasized combination areas; they either got too shiny or intensified dry spots. Revlon Colorstay Whipped Cream was the closest to one that I could use, but it did feel a little too heavy on my skin to be an everyday foundation. Makeup Forever Matte Velvet was too heavy, emphasized dry spots and transfers onto everything (it streaked my phone like crazy and got onto every shirt I owned, just transferred too much). Benefit Hello Flawless looked perfect on first application but over the course of the day turned yellowish orange on me. Almay Smart Shade had the perfect coverage and texture I wanted, but came out a bit streaky. Garnier BB Cream made me break out like mad. Lioele Veil Vita BB Cream clogged my pores and caused cystic acne. Covergirl Aqua Smoothers got shiny after an hour of wear and melted off my face a bit.
Cream foundation, I haven't tried, but am open to. I think the Whipped cream one is a creme foundation, but I lump it with the liquid ones, not sure why. Also open to tinted moisturizer because I do want something lighter and with sheerer coverage, just haven't found on that worked. Any suggestions?

beautylovingirl

Re: Help with finding a foundation

(0) Hearts

Honestly I think you should research the MUFE Muti-use powder foundation it's all one step and you can carry it in your purse to touch up. Also research the Kat Von D tattoo foundation. It's not heavy at all and has a satiny smooth finish. I also suggest a primer to help to smooth your makeup application. I love the bare minerals prime time but some other suggestions would be Kat Von D's setting spray to apply after your makeup to set it and also her rehab elixir primer or Lancome's La Base pro primer. Hope this helps! If you have any questions feel free to ask:smileyhappy:

helpful

Re: Help with finding a foundation

(0) Hearts

I think Tarte's Amazonian Clay Foundation would work well for you. It has buildable coverage so you can choose to stay on the sheerer side. Also, because of the ingredients, it's great for sensitive/combination skin- the clay is added to control oil/shine. :smileyhappy:

Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 heart
  • 3 in conversation
    • beautylovingirl
    • helpful
    • swinnie239