glh4ever

Help with Hourglass Immaculate Foundation

I have tried everything to apply this foundation from a beauty blender to the hourglass foundation brush, and even my Tom Ford cream foundation brush. I get areas where it looks cakey and I have oily skin?? My nose especially and area around it where I feel my pores are larger. I also use the Mineral Veil primer. Can someone please tell me how they apply this foundation with good results? I really want to like this foundation, but sadly I get such an uneven look.

DTalksAll

Re: Help with Hourglass Immaculate Foundation

I know it's meant for oily skin, but I have dry skin & don't really have any issues with it. It's a liquid to powder, so beauty blender will not work with it unless you're just smoothing it out at the end. 

Honestly, I've had the best luck using my fingers & working in small sections quickly. I start with one pump on the back of my hand, take a little bit off with my finger and blend away on one side of my face, then the other, a little on my chin/nose then whatever remains on my forehead. The Hourglass brush is too fluffy for this kind of foundation, if I use a brush it's a denser brush with really short bristles. (An old Sephora brush) 

The Pro Visionary Modeling Foundation Brush looks similar http://www.sephora.com/modeling-foundation-111-P378720?skuId=1489590

So does the Pro Flawless Airbrush looks similar http://www.sephora.com/pro-flawless-airbrush-56-P313012?skuId=1419407

glh4ever

(0) Hearts

Thanks for the info. I have been on a skincare routine that seems to help my face produce less oil so maybe I am just not oily enough for this foundation right now. Especially with it cooling off now weather wise.

I do apply this foundation in small parts and it still seems to cake up in certain areas like my nose. I have not tried just using my fingers to apply and will try that as my last effort to make this work. Maybe I will try the Veil Foundation as well. I am just bummed as I really had high hopes for this one.

solveig

You can also try using it without a primer. I've tried Mineral Veil underneath this foundation and it never worked for me, there's just too much silicones in it. And make sure that you moisturize your skin very well.

I've never tried it during winter time (because where I live winter doesn't exist), but it is possible that this foundation is just a little too much for cooler weather.

Nuke

I have combo/oily skin but lately it hasn't been as oily due to the weather cooling off. Sadly I think Hourglass Immaculate is only fantastic for very oily skin. I'm going to have to return mine because I just can't use it these days without a dry patch somewhere :smileysad:

HMNewbie

Unfortunately, I must add to the common theme I'm seeing.  I couldn't get it to work for me either.  Sadly had to return.  Once it's dry, you can't touch it up.

beautylovingirl

With this I know you have to do small sections one at a time and blend quickly.

JGSFLA

I actually bought a bottle of this and only used it twice before giving up! it seems to me that its very.cakey!

Missie772

I have the same problem. I have combination/oily skin as well but it does seem to look cakey around my nose and my chin. My chin is dry so that is the problem there. BUT around the nose, it was pretty horrible.

Like you, tried everything from my fingers to a beauty blender to a flat paddle foundation brush as well as cream foundation brushes. Nothing I did could made it work.

I actually like the Veil Foundation a lot better than the Immaculate. Maybe you should exchange it?

solveig

Try applying it with your fingers and do one area of your face at a time (I start with my forehead, then my nose and chin, then my cheeks if I need to). It sets very fast, so if you try to cover your whole face at once, it will not give you even coverage. And the warmth of your hands helps it to spread out better.

roxystar4

have you tried using your fingers?

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 10 replies
  • 20 hearts
  • 9 in conversation
    • DTalksAll
    • solveig
    • roxystar4