gongju87

Help me choose between the two!

Hi Darlings!

So I am one of those women who habitually just has a need to set my foundation with a pressed powder. Plus, I like the security of having it with me in case I need it throughout the day.

I'm in between 2 powders right now and need your opinions!

1) UD Naked finishing powder

2) Tarte Powderful Amazonian Powder (I think this used to be provacatuer?)

Keep in mind, I have oily skin so shine control is something I look for. But additionally I like finely milled powders because then they don't tend to look cakey!

So...what do you guys suggest???

PS...Almost 1 day away from 2/3/4x!!!!

gongju87

Re: Help me choose between the two!

(0) Hearts

Just an update gals, I've been using the UD powder, and it is fabulous! Something I would def reccomend! Gives a beautifu finish and one of the best milled powders i have used in a while!

beautylovingirl

I really like Dior's Forever Wear Extending Retouch Invisible powder it doesn't cake and it's really invisible it doesn't change the color of your makeup at all. Hope this helps!

gongju87

Oh wow! I had a busy day (one day I will learn not to wait until sunday to do everything!) and am soooooo grateful for all your responses! Wow, I feel loved <3

Looks like I have a couple more options to weigh lol who knows...maybe I'll just order a couple and give them all a whirlllllll

poshified

Tarte's face products always turn orangey on me, so I try to stay away. I haven't tried the new UD Naked finishing powder, so I can't say much on it.

I have oily skin as well, and the powders I rotate through are:

1) NARS Pressed Light Reflecting

2) Guerlain pressed meteorites

3) LORAC Porefection

I just saw your comment on your previous thread -- sorry about that! I actually don't wear too much foundations these days (even though I love testing new ones to see.) Instead, I use Fairy Drops BB cream and Missha BB cream -- which are surprisingly great for oil control. On the days I do wear foundations, I turn to Burberry's Velvet Foundation or KVD's foundation (but with a more brightening primer.) :smileyhappy:

Littlemermaid81

How do you find the Nars vs Guerlain compare. Currently I'm alternating Nars Pressed Light reflecting with a few Hourglass ambient light but I find I can never tell after I've used the Nars if it's actually on!

Which of the Guerlain shades do you use? I'm medium complexioned and was thinking the teint beige

Thanks Posh! 

poshified

(0) Hearts

They're both really good powders! I know exactly what you mean about not knowing if the Nars powder actually goes on your face; I ask myself that everytime I use it, but seeing how I'm close to hitting pan, it better be going on my face! haha The Nars one gives a sheen which I like on days when my face is looking a little dull. I like the Guerlain one when my skin is oilier (hormonal or the day after I've exfoliated.) I'm light-medium NC25ish and I wear shade teint beige, so I think you can either go teint beige or teint dore :smileyhappy:

carrie1975

(0) Hearts

I have oily skin and I love Lorac's pressed finishing powder for a matte finish. I also like too faced pressed powder and apply it with a brush or the included sponge. 

DoctorsMrs

I have issues with Tarte products. Everything I've tried made my skin burn.

I do have the UD powder and I like it but I've only had it for about a week and since I switch up my products every day I think I've only used it twice. It has a matte finish and it seems good at absorbing oil, but again, I haven't tested it through any extreme conditions. There aren't many color choices so be aware of that. I probably should have gotten the medium-light but it looked really yellow to me in store so I got the light AND the medium. I have a substantial tan right now and would call myself medium skin tone presently but the medium UD powder is borderline too dark. I definitely don't need bronzer with it. The light is very light and I won't even bother trying it on until the dead of winter.

poshified

(0) Hearts

Oh no, that sucks the UD line doesn't have a wide range! It's surprising since the Naked foundation line is quite good!

rikkie

I haven't tried either of those so I probably am not very helpful in the recommendations department, but I think the boards have probably been pretty quiet since you posted because lots of people were sleeping and then maybe some people do church?

I am looking at trying either the Guerlain Météorites Compact Powder or the Laura Mercier Matte Radiance Baked Powder Compact soon for my oily skin, but I don't want to complicate your choice any more, lol!

poshified

Guerlain Meteorites Compact -- yes!! :smileyhappy:

DoctorsMrs

I want to try the LM too. It's more of a highlighter powder though isn't it? as opposed to an all over setting/finishing powder?  Please correct me if I'm wrong Rikkie.

rikkie

[ Edited ]

Heh, well I want to look at it in person to see exactly how it looks, but I am hoping I might be pale enough that it would actually match my skin and just give a subtle matte glow. Sephora doesn't seem to carry them, but there are 4 more options in shades of bronze as well!

DoctorsMrs

Thanks for that info Rikkie. I was wondering about other shades. Something about the way the product page is worded made me think it wasn't just one shade. I'll go on a hunt for the others. I'm so intriqued by this idea of matte and radiance in one product.

rikkie

If nowhere else, there is always the Laura Mercier website! I think it's a really interesting sounding product too, I feel really easily overwhelmed by shimmer, but I don't want my skin to look flat and dull!

DoctorsMrs

I found them.

I agree with you about shimmer being overwhelming sometimes and it is hard to find balance between that and dullness.  I have a huge collection of powders. I'm always drawn to them. Most disappoint. 

In thinking more about the Highlight01, I realized this is the powder my sister picked up a few weeks ago when we were shopping together. She's been raving about it ever since and she is not one to enjoy shimmer.

rikkie

Oooh, I may have to just go for it then! I've been mostly using the Becca shimmering skin perfector as a highlighter lately, a new powder one can't hurt, even if I can't use it everywhere. 

DoctorsMrs

Go for it Rikkie :smileyhappy:

gongju87

(0) Hearts

aw no one?

I suppose the UD is fairly new, so not many would have experience with it...

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 19 replies
  • 19 hearts
  • 7 in conversation
    • poshified
    • beautylovingirl
    • rikkie
    • carrie1975
    • Littlemermaid81
    • DoctorsMrs