rbbbb

Help!! Oily skin problems

(0) Hearts

I am interested in finding an easier make up routine than the one I currently have. I was using the Hourglass veil mineral primer with Lancomes teint idole ultra 24 hr and the MUFE HD setting powder on top. As I moisturizer I am using Clinique Moisturizing gel. For some reason I get oily after only an hour and have to constantly retouch my make up which causes it to become blotchy in certain areas. I have even recently tried looking into drug store brands, Ive tried Revlons liquid foundation for oily skin but I still cannot figure out the best solution for me. I dont want a heavy foundation bc I only break out occasionally, I was even considering a BB cream with medium coverage instead of foundation, but I am not sure if they have the lasting power on oily skin. I am starting school again and I need something simple that wont require a long time to apply but will LAST throughout a 12 hour day on my OILY skin. As many suggestions as possible would be great! I'm looking for anything from a new moisturizer to new setting powder. Whatever will help me fix this face!

glossyguru

Re: Help!! Oily skin problems

(0) Hearts

Use an oil absorbing treatment before applying foundation. Sorry, I can't recommend a specific one because oily skin is not something I have.

carolang

tarte.jpgDefinitely check out the Tarte 12 hour BB primer! I have oily skin and I work at a hospital so touch ups are not an option - I have tried the Lancome 24 hour foundation and 1) it oxidized on me (YEAH, sigh) and 2) I looked oily super quickly, 3) I could feel it, felt like a mask. Here are  the reasons I think you might like this bb/primer...

-medium coverage: covers all my redness and acne marks I am trying to fade

-flawless: I used to always use powder foundations and I never thought I could truly get a flawless/like skin look. This bb cream looks like my skin but better! Also, being a primer it fills in my large pores on & around my nose quite nicely!

-long lasting: yes, I do get oily eventually, but this doesn't break down as the oil comes through!

-satin finish: its pretty matte, but not in an unnatural way, I do still powder my whole face though

-SPF: 30!

-application: I highly highly recommend the Real Techniques Expert Face brush ($10 at Ulta). I find I put on too much if I use my fingers

-quick: being a primer, I don't use any additional primers with this. Super simple!

cons

-will emphasize dry patches, so still moisturize underneath (even though my skin is oily the areas that lean towards normal will feel a little tight under this if I skip moisturizer)

I can't recommend this enough, I was on the quest for the perfect liquid foundation... I had used powder for so long but wanted the look of liquid. So many of the ones designed for girls like us are super heavy/full coverage which I don't mind but sometimes it felt like a little too much, and I'd keep seeing them start to break down on my forehead... ugh! I thought I was doomed to powder forever until I found this. See if you can get a sample! I'm 1y06 / medium beige bareMinerals / NW20 MAC and I use light in the winter, and 75% light 25% medium in the summer, just to warm it up a little!

rbbbb

(0) Hearts

Thank you so much! I am going to check this one out for sure!

malday

(0) Hearts

Have you tried using a setting spray after you apply foundation?

Something like Urban Decay De-Slick Oil-Control Makeup Setting Spray

http://www.sephora.com/de-slick-oil-control-makeup-setting-spray-P277222?skuId=1458181

s1458181-main-hero.jpg

rbbbb

(0) Hearts

I have tried the spray but I don't notice a difference when I use it or not. Thank you anyway though!

aviscardi

(0) Hearts

have you tried it before and after makeup? those with oily skin have found better results spraying both times

rbbbb

(0) Hearts

I also tried a sample of Boscia's Oil free BB cream and black hydrating gel underneath but I noticed that too getting oily within the hour and seemed to fade quickly. Help pleaseeee

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1 heart
  • 5 in conversation
    • malday
    • aviscardi
    • rbbbb
    • carolang
    • glossyguru
Photos2