CharliefromNY

Help! I think I need a powder foundation! Any recommendations for a mature skin powder??

(0) Hearts
Spoiler
I think this winter I've tried every liquid and cream foundation on the market, and even asked for advice on mineral powders....I can use them with a serum, but even my dry skin is looking shiny and greasy!  Can anyone recommend a good powder foundation that's not too drying or matte for mature skin?
DiVWA

Re: Help! I think I need a powder foundation! Any recommendations for a mature skin powder??

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

I think that perhaps you may want to look beyond powder. You may be ready for a good liquid foundation.

If you're using powder foundation because you don't want makeup to look thick and/or cakey, try something more sheer that's a liquid. If you can handle something sheer, I use Giorgio Armani “Maestro” Fusion Foundation. This is foundation women love or hate, but many who hate it, hate that it doesn't have much coverage. I like it not having much coverage. It's not too matte either. It has some sort of oil in it but not the kind that shows up later, but something that sinks in. You do need to be sure you have exfoliated before using because its sheerness can accentuate dry patches. It's not too matte either.

I've also tried many other foundations, such as MUFE HD Invisible, Chanel, Guerlain, etc. and I've found them to be a little too heavy or causing some oiliness later on.

Despite "wisdom," based on my experience and experimentation, I avoid using makeup primer beforehand. Most all have either glycerin or silicon in them, either of which cause oiliness or clogged pores. I do use a serum and moisturizer beforehand though.

missey1973

Re: Help! I think I need a powder foundation! Any recommendations for a mature skin powder??

(0) Hearts

I tried both Bare Minerals and IT Cosmetics and I think their powder foundations made me look 10 years older. I have very dry skin and it just looked cakey and showed every line in my face. Now I do have a loreal (drug store) one that looks great.

ChicDabbler

(0) Hearts

*bump* any mature ladies with suggestions?

Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 hearts
  • 4 in conversation
    • ChicDabbler
    • missey1973
    • CharliefromNY
    • DiVWA