CharliefromNY

Help! I need summer makeup! Mine is melting off my face!

I have pretty good, mature skin.  Not too many blemishes or marks, and I'm quite fair with blue eyes.  I am having trouble finding a good summer face makeup that will cover my little bit of redness, and stay on my face!  With the humidity in New York everything is just melting off.  Even powder isn't really working.....I've been trying a tinted sunscreen with Bare Minerals over it, but the coverage isn't very good...Any ideas??

lovefreak69

Re: Help! I need summer makeup! Mine is melting off my face!

We sound similar in age and complexion, I live on the Gulf Coast of Alabama, where it is beyond humid and hot! I adore bare minerals but found that the reg foundation was separating in this climate.  Within the past six weeks, I have been using the new bare minerals liquid foundation bare skin and it has really held up to this steam! 

CharliefromNY

(0) Hearts

Thanks.  I'll check it out!  It's so hard to find a makeup that can take the heat without melting....

shannonek

i agree. . . laura mercier flawless fluide! its amazing!

coincoin

You have to try the new laura mercier smooth finish flawless fluide foundation.  It's da bomb!!  I feels so lightweight on the skin and it LASTS all day!  The coverage is really good too. It covers my red spots and also my sun spots.  Make sure you use primer before though so it will help! Good luck!

CharliefromNY

(0) Hearts

Great thanks!  What color did you wear?

coincoin

(0) Hearts

I am about nc 20 and the color cashew matches me really well.  LM coloring is a little bit different to me than other brand.  I had to go to a store to get color matched.

coincoin

(0) Hearts

since u're nw 20, the color linen might be good for u.

brittanyanne91

I would recommend trying a sample of Urban Decay's Naked foundation!!

CharliefromNY

(0) Hearts

Thanks!  I've tried a few of them, and love the coverage, but can't find a good color match.  I'm light with blonde hair, blue eyes and neutral skin tone.  I'm NW20 in Mac and Nude in Laura Mercier Tinted Foundation.  Any ideas for an UD color?

courtneyleeh

[ Edited ]

I agree with other users that suggest using a primer before applying any foundation or concealer to your skin - Smashbox makes a great line of them (I use their hydrating primer myself).  Also, search for foundations that say something similar to "long wear" or "24 hour" on them, and for these products, DO NOT buy drugstore brands.  I find drugstore foundations in general suck for the skin, and their long wear versions are way too thick to allow your skin to breathe.  Check out Bobbi Brown's Long Wear liquid foundation, test it out and see if you like it. Set it with a light translucent powder or setting mist.  And with any foundation but ESPECIALLY for longer-wearers, wash it off at night!!!

upload_551715408685961470.jpg

CharliefromNY

(0) Hearts

Thank you!  I'll check that one out.  I like the idea of a setting mist or powder too.  Maybe that will help.

coincoin

Hi,

u definitely want to use primer before the foundation.  Try to use the hourglass mineral veil.  I really like that primer.  For the foundation, if you only have little redness to cover, try dr. Perricone md no foundation foundation serum.  It's so amazing.  It feels very light for summer time.  If u need more coverage for redness, u can use concealer.  for finishing product, u can top it off with setting powder and make up setting spray such as urban decay all nighter.  Hope it helps!

CharliefromNY

(0) Hearts

Thank you.  I've never tried the Perricone.....or the urban decay all nighter...great suggestions...

magrat22

(0) Hearts

I love Cover FX the stuff is bomb proof.  I've gone a 12 hour day in the heat and it's still there at the end of the day.  I did use primer though (Hourglass) so maybe that helped.  The ingredients in Cover FX help your skin so on days I don't wear makeup my skin looks great.  For reference I have rosacea and very dry, sensitive skin and I wear the full coverage compact foundation.  

CharliefromNY

(0) Hearts

I've tried the Cover FX but can't apply it properly.  It is so thick.  How do you apply it without pulling on your skin?

ballerinagrl

I do a lot of work in South & South East Asia, and I find that primer is the key to staying power for any foundation.  I really like the Estee Lauder Stay Matte Primer on my T zone, and Laura Mercier is great for everywhere else. The Estee Lauder Double Wear BB Cream is a great option for summer and it stays on my face through sweltering 12 hour work days, so I really rate it. As I need a little more coverage around my nose and beneath my eyes, I use the Double Wear Foundation there. Again it lasts all day, even in Mumbai, so I'm happy.

CharliefromNY

(0) Hearts

Thank you so much for the suggestion!  I've heard great things about the Estee Lauder Double Wear, but have had trouble color matching.  I'm NW20 in Mac, or Nude in Laura Mercier.  Any idea what color I'd match to in the Double Wear?

jaha8005

I'm a MAC NW 20 and when I wore EL Double Wear, I wore Fresco. 

CharliefromNY

(0) Hearts

Thank you!  I find their color matching sooooo confusing.....

ballerinagrl

(0) Hearts

Maybe pale almond ...

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 34 replies
  • 21 hearts
  • 15 in conversation
    • killerteeth
    • coincoin
    • mrsbaine
    • magrat22