CharliefromNY

Help! I need summer makeup! Mine is melting off my face!

I have pretty good, mature skin.  Not too many blemishes or marks, and I'm quite fair with blue eyes.  I am having trouble finding a good summer face makeup that will cover my little bit of redness, and stay on my face!  With the humidity in New York everything is just melting off.  Even powder isn't really working.....I've been trying a tinted sunscreen with Bare Minerals over it, but the coverage isn't very good...Any ideas??

Lazzigirl

Re: Help! I need summer makeup! Mine is melting off my face!

I'm fair with blue eyes also & have very thin skin under my eyes (veins around my eyes are visible). My face gets red all over when I'm outside for any length of time in hot weather.  So, if you can't find a foundation that works for you during the summer, here's what I do:  I bought "SalonBronze" from Sally Beauty Supply.  It's a spray-on bronzer that doesn't turn me orange & it lasts several days.  I lightly spray my face, neck & chest.  It covers fine lines, makes spots disappear & I don't have to use a heavy concealer around my eyes.  I've never gotten a break-out from it. Best of all, no matter how hot/sweaty I get, I look professional/polished all day.  Hope this helps!

CharliefromNY

(0) Hearts

That's a great idea, thank you.  I'm so sweaty in this humidity, it's unbelievable...This might be a great solution..

sundaespal

Have you tried the UD setting sprays? I have trouble sweating from my face, and the spray has really helped me feel cooler and my makeup stays put. I don't use a primer, because more layers always means more mess for me.

CharliefromNY

(0) Hearts

Thanks....I've found the UD setting spray to be really drying, and it sets unevenly on me....I'll try it again in this summer heat and see what happens!

killerteeth

I'm in NY too! Lately I have been absolutely loving Josie Maran's Argan Tinted Moisturizer. It is quite pigmented, despite the "tinted moisturizer" moniker, has broad spectrum SPF, and doesn't feel heavy or terrible in this weather we've been having.  I am very fair as well, and use the shade called "Fair."

Hope this helps!

CharliefromNY

(0) Hearts

Thank you!  I love the Josie Maran Argan oil.....

beauty4ashes

[ Edited ]

My favorite primer for summer HOURGLASS Veil Mineral Primer Broad Spectrum SPF 15.

I'm always asking for make-up that doesn't transfer or budge!

I'm using this primer specifically with LANCÔME Teint Idole Ultra 24H.

The foundation says it's full coverage yet it depends on what application tool you use.

I make it full coverage for specific problem areas & sheer it down towards my jawline/neck.

So, the foundation can be medium-sheer if that makes sense. You can still see your own skin...freckles, ect.

CharliefromNY

Thanks....I have a lot of trouble matching color for foundation, but I've seen a lot of good comments about the Lacome....as well as the Estee Lauder Double Wear....do you know anything about that one?  I am NW20 in Mac.....would you know what color I'd be in the Lancome??  Thanks!

beauty4ashes

(0) Hearts

I couldn't compare MAC vs. Lancome vs. Estee Lauder DW.

I'm NC15 MAC. 

The color match app on the Lancome site using my MAC & the suggestions didn't come close, I ordered online. returned them. Used LIVE CHAT, not helpful either. If at all possible, go in store, get 2-3 samples to take home & try out in sunlight. 

I found the Lancome *Cool colors Very Pink & the *Warm colors Orange, not yellow.

The Neutrals actually look better...sort of beige-pale yellow for some or beige-pale pink.

CharliefromNY

Makes sense.  I find that ordering online generally only works if I've gone into the store and am then reordering.  Thanks!

beauty4ashes

(0) Hearts

That was the first time I ordered foundation without testing out the color in store first. 

I've worn a variety of Lancome foundations for many years & the undertones looked great.

Maybe it's only the LANCÔME Teint Idole Ultra 24H?

I LOVE this foundation! It feels so lightweight & has a beautiful finish. 

There is one major flaw about foundation...it will quickly settle into to fine lines!

When I say quickly, I mean within minutes of the foundation setting after application.

However, the positive about this flaw is that you won't walk out the house to discover the lines!

I've figured out how to minimize, even completely rid this problem by trying different things.

So, give LANCÔME Teint Idole Ultra 24H a chance...for me, it's worth the extra mini steps.

Also, the best primer I used with this foundation is HOURGLASS Veil Mineral Primer Broad Spectrum SPF 15.

CharliefromNY

Thanks!  I didn't think of using a primer....I'll give that a try....

mrsbaine

Try a primer for sure. Also, you may want to try liquid foundation in the summer then set with powder. It'll last a bit longer. If you do blush, do cream. 

andyhtrieu

Have you tried using a primer? A good oil control/absorbing or mattifying primer might do the trick. One of the most popular primers is the Becca Ever Matte Poreless Priming Perfector. 

http://www.sephora.com/ever-matte-poreless-priming-perfector-P378017?skuId=1495209

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 34 replies
  • 21 hearts
  • 15 in conversation
    • killerteeth
    • coincoin
    • mrsbaine
    • magrat22
    • jaha8005
    • sundaespal