cheshire0320cat

Help! I can't find right foundation shade!

Hello! I have bad luck with finding the right foundation shade for my face. So far, all of the foundations I have used blend well on my cheeks. However, the foundation has always looked cakey and too light on my forehead and chin. Foundation does not seem to blend well there. Does the store have a way to help me find the right foundation shade?

snowshoe

Re: Help! I can't find right foundation shade!

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

I tried the color IQ once, and it told me I had a red undertone.  The problem is that my undertone is yellow/olive, and the scanner picked up on the rosacea.  The foundation they suggested came out way too pink when I tried it on.  Color IQ may work for someone without my skin issues though.

Good old-fashioned swatching seems to work the best for me.  I was told it was better to match the lighter areas, as you could always warm your face up with bronzer or blush.

PoesRevy

(0) Hearts

If you go into a Sephora, they should be able to help you with a color match and what products should work for you.

Take care

iknowitstoday

(0) Hearts

Sorry you are having so much trouble :smileysad: try the color iq

LCResz

(0) Hearts

Look up Lisa Eldridge on YouTube, her tips on how to find the right foundation shade to match your face and neck is fantastic! 

veronika23

Did you try liquid?  I find it blends better overall. If you have a Sephora close by I'd suggest going in and getting samples. The staff should be able to help you.  That's how I found a new foundation last year. =)

lilyyy

You are going to love this. Sephora has made a tool just for finding your perfect foundation shade.

http://www.sephora.com/color-iq?icid2=Foundation_ColorIQ_TopBnr_Image

veronika23

(0) Hearts

totally forgot about that. lol

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 3 hearts
  • 7 in conversation
    • lilyyy
    • veronika23
    • iknowitstoday
    • LCResz