ashleynne

Have any of you turned your loose powder foundation into a liquid before?

(0) Hearts

I was wondering how well it worked. I have some loose bare minerals powder that I would probably actually use if I turned it into a liquid. Then again making it a pressed powder is an option too as well. Thoughts?

ivyxox

Re: Have any of you turned your loose powder foundation into a liquid before?

(0) Hearts

Just curious how do you turn loose powder to liquid ? Just by adding water ? Because the water will evaporate :smileysad:

ashleynne

they say to mix it with a little moisturizer. The more powder you add, the more coverage.

ivyxox

(0) Hearts

Haha smart! 

ashleynne

I actually just tried it today and let me tell you it worked very well. I just put a small squirt of moisturizer and tapped some of my bare minerals in and mixed it up and then applied to my face. It had way better coverage, it blended very nicely and naturally. Overall I'm very pleased on how it went. Also glad I can now get some usage out of it instead of throwing it away. :smileyhappy: In case anyone wonders I mixed mine with moisture surge from clinique.

weeeeweeeeeee

(0) Hearts

Nice! You have made your own tinted moisturizer! You may also not want to make a whole batch, I would just do one application at once.

ashleynne

(0) Hearts

Exactly the strange thing though is when I applied it, once I blended it in my foundation became more matte and natural looking than it did when I just applied it loose (which is good, that's what I like). :smileyhappy:

weeeeweeeeeee

I tried turning the loose BM powder into a pressed, but it kept on cracking. So I gave up. I also tried mixing some loose BM that I did not like with a little daily SPF moisturizer and applied it back way. Not my favorite though. I am not that into BM anymore.

ashleynne

(0) Hearts

I was never in it to begin with. lol I started using it before it was popular and was never too wild about it. I don't like to be wasteful though, so I am going to figure out a way I can get some use of it.

pinkonyx

(0) Hearts

I think it would depend on the ingredients that composite the powder. 

heartsmyface

(0) Hearts

You may have better luck turning it into a pressed powder with some rubbing alcohol. There are tutorials on how to do this online.

ashleynne

(0) Hearts

I'm not sure where I can get the packaging to put it in :/

heartsmyface

(0) Hearts

Dollar stores, micheals, mint tins, 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 12 replies
  • 3 hearts
  • 5 in conversation
    • weeeeweeeeeee
    • ashleynne
    • ivyxox
    • pinkonyx