gongju87

Has anyone tried any of the MAC Sculpt Powders? Or?

I'm on the search for some new contouring powders. I usually use benefit's hoola but I want a more true contour product vs using a bronzer.

Addidtionally I have NYX taupe blush which I love (very true contour color in my opinion, more shadowy than bronzy) but is too light on me, as well as MUFE sculpt kit which is too warm...almost red?

I'm thinking about making a MAC pro palette with some of thier sculpting and shaping powders (I have emphasize and LOVE itI was also thinking about the Anastasia contour kit...but I don't think I'd use all the colors, so it might not be worth it. Also kind of curious about Kevin Aucoin...haven't tried anythign of his but I hear rave reviews.

So...has anyone have any experience with the above options? Or, if you have something else you would recommend, I am completeley open to suggestions!

<3

shinybananas

Re: Has anyone tried any of the MAC Sculpt Powders? Or?

(0) Hearts

I have MAC Sculpt and I love it.  It's more pigmented than NYX taupe and works really well with my neutral-warm NC20 skin.

malday

(0) Hearts

I'm about a 4Y06-08 but I like to use the light color because I'm not looking for too heavy a contour so I would try that one since you've said you're an  NC25.

gongju87

(0) Hearts

Yikes, sorry loves...didnt do a very good job keeping up on my own thread! what a week I had!

@malday I'm actually going to get a sleek kit because at the price, if I don't like it, no biggie! What shade do you use?

@sportygirly125, yay! so happy to hear you enjoyed them! What's your skintone if you don't mind me asking? I'm trying to figure out which sculpt and shaping powders work best with my NC25 complexion since I can't swatch in store

hey @andytrieu, thanks so much for the suggestion but I already bought the two faced chocoalte soilel bronzer...and hated it lol I know I'm like the only one!

@jengeravenger I saw those too! I'm hoping my sephora has them to swatch!

Sorry for responding like this everyone! No chrome on this particular computer!!! 

SportyGirly125

(0) Hearts

I'm a NC25/30 in MAC and a 118 in Make up For Ever.  If you want swatches of the Nars contour/highlight product you can find them on temptalia.  I just don't like the fact that you have only one highlight and one contour.  I like to mix colors for the best match.  For MAC's sculpting palette I use Sculpt, Bone Beige and Shadester the most.  Shadowy (deep brown) and Definitive (red brown) are really dark and I use them as a contour for my lids.  For the shaping I use Emphasize, Accentuate, and Lightsweep the most.  Soft Focus (peachy) and Warm Light (yellow) will work for darker skin tones or as eye shadow.  Hope this helps.

malday

Have you checked out the Anastasia Beverly Hills palette? I would wait until the Nars ones come out also so you can swatch those.

Right now I'm using the Sleek contour palettes which I am a fan of.

SportyGirly125

I have tried the MAC sculpting and shaping powders before and loved it.  I just purchased all 10 shaping and sculpting powders so I can contour and highlight with.  I was going to purchase the Anastasia one but it won't be back till May.  I really wanted to try it out but I'm sure the MAC ones are just as good and have more color options.

andyhtrieu

Have you tried Too Faced Chocolate Bronzer? It's a very neutral brown with no red or orange undertones. The same goes with Smashbox Bronze Lights.

Sleek has a couple of contour kits that have a neutral bronzer which is perfect for contouring. It's not red or orange. It's really cheap too :smileyhappy:

Jengeravenger

I recently saw pictures on instagram of a new Nars contouring product coming out soon. It looked like they had three or four shades, and it might be more of what you are wanting. 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 7 hearts
  • 6 in conversation
    • malday
    • SportyGirly125
    • Jengeravenger
    • gongju87
    • shinybananas
    • andyhtrieu