CharliefromNY

Has anyone tried Jane Iredale?

I've heard good things about their mineral foundation....Anyone know?

4nnmarie

Re: Has anyone tried Jane Iredale?

(0) Hearts

The only Jane Iredale product I've tried is the lip and cheek stain that I got in my January sample society box. My skin is very acne prone so I'm scared of trying it on my cheeks but I love it as a lip stain! I think the color is called "just kissed" and it's a very pretty deep pink that builds to a fuschia when you reapply it.

1SultrySCENTNut

(0) Hearts

Actually, the Ireland line is a decent product, but tread lightly with it. The pressed powder is a great coverup, but use one of your best brushes to apply it. You should actually look flawless.

jojobe

Ireland was a clothing brand sold at K-mart. Not a beauty brand. 

mlmac

Also a country I where I used to live.

BrennaBombshell

I received two samples of BB cream in BB3 and BB1 and a tube of tinted moisturizer. Sadly, the BB creams smelled too strong for me to even want to apply. I don't like using things with heavy fragrance. I ended up giving them both to a friend. The tinted moisturizer looks very shimmery, which I'm not a fan of either, but I'm holding onto it just in case I need a sparkly look one day. I'd love to try some of their other products eventually. I'd say to send them an email and see about trying samples before purchasing so you can know for sure if it's a product you'd enjoy. They have excellent, friendly, quick CS!

gogreyhound

yes, I forgot that too! I did notice the smell when I put it on. I like pretty much all their other stuff, but this one was just not for me. I feel like I have heavy makeup on my face, even under my eyes--which it did cover pretty well--feels sticky. I am definitely a fan of the powder-type products. Cliniques BB and CC creams are better, in my opinion. I am glad I got to try it first!

gogreyhound

(0) Hearts

I have an update based on the nice samples I received. I sent their CS an email online, and got 3 nice samples in the mail. A tube of tinted moisturizer SPF 15, a sample jar labeled "BB3" and an adorable little mini pot of the pressed minerals. I used the BB cream today, and I have to say, I do not care for it. Other face creams I have used are Clinique, both BB and CC creams, and I love jane Iredale's pressed and loose mineral foundations. The BB cream is pretty thick, and although it gives good coverage, throughout the day it kind of looked like a film sitting on top of my skin...I could see redness peeking through. It was almost like a facial mask when you start washing it off, if that makes sense? even though I set it with loose minerals, it just seems too heavy and sticky for me. I imagine I could mix it half and half with moisturizer and it would make a good tinted moisturizer, but otherwise I have to say this one did not wow me. I still want to try the liquid minerals, though. They don't make samples of that. Anyhoo, I hope this helps!

JayReed

I love that foundation!! All her powders and foundation and so light weight and coverage! I wish Sephora sold her stuff!!

CharliefromNY

(0) Hearts

Me too!  It would have been much easier to get a color match if they carried it.....

ladymeag

(0) Hearts

Jane Iredale customer service is above-and-beyond - email them and they'll send you your very own testers. Going in-store might be nice but it sure is nice to have to-your-door color matching. :smileyhappy: 

CharliefromNY

This pressed powder is fantastic!  Thanks to all of you who helped me make the decision to try it out.  I called customer service at Jane Iredale and they sent me two substantial samples of the pressed powder, both of which would have been fine, and one that is a near perfect match.  Great product and customer service.  Love it!  Thanks again.....

annec322

I use the pressed powder foundation.  I love how buildable the coverage is.  Plus it gives a natural look and doesn't irritate my skin.  I would definitely recommend it.  I got free samples by writing their customer service before purchasing as well.

SydBristow

I just tried the BB cream for the first time, they company sent me a sample. It's wonderful, a full coverage BB cream!! I'm happy with it. Looking forward to trying more in the line!!

CharliefromNY

I just called and talked to the Jane Iredale customer service rep....She was great - very very helpful, and is going to send me some free samples so I can get a good color match!.....very impressive!

jenjendoitagain

I told you they have the best customer service, right?! So glad you had such a positive experience with them as I did, and many other ladies I've spoken to about them!

I'm anxious to know how you'll love the samples! Please let us know what you think! I'm sure you'll love them as much as we do! :smileyhappy:

CharliefromNY

Yes!  Their customer service was amazing - they answered right away, really knew the products, and were very helpful.  I'll definitely let you know!  Thanks again for the help and great advice.  (I wish Sephora carried their products so I could get points when I buy them!!)

CharliefromNY

Thank you!!

CharliefromNY

Thanks so much ladies!  I'm going to try it.....I've been wanting to try a pressed powder for very light coverage, and this one looked like a good one from the reviews...

spoiledbrat

Everything I have from that brand, I do love.  What I have is a mixed bag of shadows, lippies, and a sheer face color.  It is a brand I seem to forget about until I use it and then rush to Nordstrom to see what is new or interesting.  They are hidden gem IMO.

They are generous as SirenPrincess stated at the counter and if you contact them directly.  Now I must go see what they have! :smileyvery-happy:  Thank you for the reminder!

SirenPrincess

I agree with what others have said.  This is a very good brand.  If you contact them, they will send you generous samples to try.  I like their BB cream and pressed powder.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 27 replies
  • 58 hearts
  • 18 in conversation
    • spoiledbrat
    • jojobe
    • tracygirl64
    • ladymeag
    • mlmac
    • ivyxox