Has anyone tried Jane Iredale?

I've heard good things about their mineral foundation....Anyone know?

Re: Has anyone tried Jane Iredale?

(0) Hearts

The only Jane Iredale product I've tried is the lip and cheek stain that I got in my January sample society box. My skin is very acne prone so I'm scared of trying it on my cheeks but I love it as a lip stain! I think the color is called "just kissed" and it's a very pretty deep pink that builds to a fuschia when you reapply it.

(0) Hearts

Actually, the Ireland line is a decent product, but tread lightly with it. The pressed powder is a great coverup, but use one of your best brushes to apply it. You should actually look flawless.

Ireland was a clothing brand sold at K-mart. Not a beauty brand. 

Also a country I where I used to live.

I received two samples of BB cream in BB3 and BB1 and a tube of tinted moisturizer. Sadly, the BB creams smelled too strong for me to even want to apply. I don't like using things with heavy fragrance. I ended up giving them both to a friend. The tinted moisturizer looks very shimmery, which I'm not a fan of either, but I'm holding onto it just in case I need a sparkly look one day. I'd love to try some of their other products eventually. I'd say to send them an email and see about trying samples before purchasing so you can know for sure if it's a product you'd enjoy. They have excellent, friendly, quick CS!

yes, I forgot that too! I did notice the smell when I put it on. I like pretty much all their other stuff, but this one was just not for me. I feel like I have heavy makeup on my face, even under my eyes--which it did cover pretty well--feels sticky. I am definitely a fan of the powder-type products. Cliniques BB and CC creams are better, in my opinion. I am glad I got to try it first!

(0) Hearts

I have an update based on the nice samples I received. I sent their CS an email online, and got 3 nice samples in the mail. A tube of tinted moisturizer SPF 15, a sample jar labeled "BB3" and an adorable little mini pot of the pressed minerals. I used the BB cream today, and I have to say, I do not care for it. Other face creams I have used are Clinique, both BB and CC creams, and I love jane Iredale's pressed and loose mineral foundations. The BB cream is pretty thick, and although it gives good coverage, throughout the day it kind of looked like a film sitting on top of my skin...I could see redness peeking through. It was almost like a facial mask when you start washing it off, if that makes sense? even though I set it with loose minerals, it just seems too heavy and sticky for me. I imagine I could mix it half and half with moisturizer and it would make a good tinted moisturizer, but otherwise I have to say this one did not wow me. I still want to try the liquid minerals, though. They don't make samples of that. Anyhoo, I hope this helps!