Sapphyre23

HELPPPP!

(0) Hearts

I want to buy the Silk Creme Foundation and I dont know what color to choose. it is expensive and I want to make sure I get the right color and Im not good with choosing the right color. How can I make sure I get the right shade?

BeautyLove02

Re: HELPPPP!

(0) Hearts

It's always best to go a shade lighter than what you think you would be when ordering on-line. I use LM Silk Crème and these are the other foundations I have and how they compare to that shade(hopefully you have one of these and can decide like this):

Laura Mercier Silk Crème in Beige Ivory

Nars Sheer Glow in Fiji- a touch lighter but matches very well

Guerlain Parure de Lumiere in 03 Beige Naturel-much darker 2-3 shades darker. I have to blend it down and can only wear it in the summer

DiorSkin Nude in 23 good match (perfect match to Nars Fiji)

Makeup Forever HD in 118-Perfect match

Boots No.7 Beautifully Matte in Cool Ivory-2 shades darker

Chanel Mat Lumiere in 20 Clair-2 shades lighter

**You didn't mention your skintone, so I would either go in-store and get matched or order one shade lighter on-line.

SydBristow

(0) Hearts

Do you wear any other foundations, and if so, what color? I wear Bare Minerals Fair to Medium (depending on the season/sun exposure) and wear Slik Creme Cream Ivory when wearing any of those on other days. It IS a bit light but this foundation blends so well it looks flawless. Someone put it on me in a store so I knew how it looked.

DebbieEMS27

(0) Hearts

I have always used a cream foundation all year around. I do use a powder on top more in the summer time, we all have different skin and color, some more pink or yellow tones. How I found the best match was walked in Wal-Mart and they sell a L'Oreal called true match and I went from there, found a warm beige in that color looked great on my hand and I bought it and took it to my local Sephora store and they matched it real close, so I use both cream blush shown in pictures and dry blush with a glitter effect just in that area when turning on the very top line. The birthday gift set is awesome. To me there is no better Mascara out there than "They're Real"!

DebbieEMS27

(0) Hearts

That one is hard as I have got so many samples, I would start with the samples first as I am light skin and use a medium color, really its according who the maker is, I didn't care for any of the flawless. Or go to your local Sephora store as I did and Dillard's and they both will show you what kind and try a shade on you. You don't want something looks white or to dark, myself I went and tried them and found some I really liked. I order so much from Sephora and get the samples. I have to much make up but I have it if I ever want to change up :smileyhappy:

DebbieEMS27

(0) Hearts

Also here is a couple of pictures of the make up I use! I pay for the best if it works, money is no option :smileyhappy:CAM01854.jpgCAM02156.jpgCAM01853.jpg

DebbieEMS27

(0) Hearts

I wear all eye shadows from Sephora and posted under Over 40 and in aging. I am fair skin and I use a color by Estee Lauder (Tawney) its a bit pricy but well worth it. Just enough to show some foundation is on and enough to cover up even wrinkles! Look on Dillard's website. For me best foundation all others I only use from this site. Also I posted some pictures! I hope this helps, great foundation, stays on and makes face look smooth!CAM02149.jpgI use all Estee Face serums to and I am 47, within all the products I have bought over a grand but in 10 years I'll be happy that I did. I could tell a big difference within 10 days!  Good luck!

katie1724

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

The easiest thing to do would be to ask to be shade matched at a store; however, I've found that matching by SAs (not just at Sephora, but at counters, too) to be hit or miss. Make sure s/he is not matching the foundation to your face or jaw, but right underneath your jaw / neck area. Many people have redness or pinkness in the face and jaw, and if you match a foundation shade to this area, it often winds up darker against the neck and rest of the body. Additionally, be sure to look at the shade / shades in natural light as well as artificial -- step outside the store and look in the mirror at the swatches. The shade that disappears the most is generally the best match.

Another thing I do is this: Do you have a shade that you know is a spot on match (but maybe you don't love the formula)? To test intensity, I take a shade that I know matches (Sephora happens to carry it) and I swatch the new shade right next to it on my wrist. If the new shade is significantly darker or pinker, etc., I know it won't work, only because I know the other one does. Good luck!

TrysBeautyItems

(0) Hearts

If you can get to a store, Sephora will color match you. Also their returns is great, if the color doesn't match it can always be exchanged/returned without a problem.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 hearts
  • 6 in conversation
    • katie1724
    • BeautyLove02
    • DebbieEMS27
    • SydBristow
    • TrysBeautyItems
    • Sapphyre23