Meg82

Guerlain meteorites, what makes them special?

So I have the Guerlain meteorites in my basket, ready for checkout.  And then I started wondering, what makes them so much better such that everybody loves them?  I NARS light reflecting powder and I like it quite a bit.  What makes the meteorites worth it?  Why are people cultishly devoted to them?

Basically I just want y'all to tell me your favorite things about them.

mberteig

Re: Guerlain meteorites, what makes them special?

(0) Hearts

What is the best brush to use with Guerlain Meteorites?

jellybean917

(0) Hearts

There's a special brush made for Meteorites that should work perfectly. It's OOS now, but it should come back.

katief241981

(0) Hearts

Has anyone compared the Meteorites to the Hourglass ambient lighting powders??  I just got the Ambient Lighting Palette.  Just wondering if I should still try meteorites.  

mommyto4

(0) Hearts

Ok I am ready to crush my magic balls to see if that helps!  I have tried multiple brushes including the Meteorites brush.  I never see anything on the brush or my face.  What on earth am I doing wrong?  I've never had this much trouble with a product.  I feel like I should see some sort of difference!

jenpred

(0) Hearts

Not sure if this is the best place to post this, but I have a question about the Meteorites Brush - can I use that with the pressed Meteorites, or is it specific for the magic powder balls :smileywink: ?

DTalksAll

They are mores specific to the magic powder balls. For the pressed I like to use the retractable kabuki from Too Faced. 

The Guerlain brush is a little thick and scratchy, it does a good job of picking up just the slightest bit of color from the magic powder balls, and distribute them on the face without disrupting makeup or laying it on too thick. 

jenpred

(0) Hearts

Thanks dannyc! I've been wanting to check out the Powder Pouf brush from Too Faced as well :smileyhappy:. Though, I just ordered the Hourglass Ambient Powder brush for use with the Hourglass palette - do you think that would work with the pressed Meteorites as well?

DTalksAll

(0) Hearts

Th Too Faced Powder Pouf is awful for the magic powder balls, but might work for the pressed powder. It's really fluffy & soft. It's best for a setting powder (not finishing), or to lightly blend contoured makeup. 

I haven't tried the Ambient Powder brush, but I'm curious. I like the Too Faced retractable because it has a lid on it that doesn't budge, so it lives in my purse. It's soft, but dense and picks up & distributes the perfect amount of product. I use it for pressed meteorites & powder foundation. 

spoiledbrat

it is not a shine or glow like neon; it is an indescribable radiance achieved by the magic powder balls and they are unlike anything else - hourglass results will depend on the shade you select and your skin tone/type

when you use them, then you will get it and understand it - all the explaining in the world can not show the results - just try them

i am glad you all like my "magic powder balls" definition :smileyhappy:

calamityjane85

(0) Hearts

I love the magic balls tag..... Reminds me of my kids, the call popcorn chicken "chicken balls" . It is a little embarrasing when they call out I want chicken balls !! :smileyhappy:

DTalksAll

Sounds like you need some magic balls in your life! 

We've discussed them so many times here... I can't explain exactly what it does, but it does something amazing! 

My friends who are not into makeup at all always compliment me when I have it on. If I'm in a rush, and forget to apply them... I get 0 compliments. 

ghkim

(0) Hearts

I have pink and yellow undertones and have a light complexion - should I go for the 1 or 2 (rose or beige)?

veronika23

(0) Hearts

Ok so everyone that has the meteorites does the smell go away.  I never used to be sensitive to smells and I'm not really that sensitive but seems like I am to the ones I just bought :smileysad:

rikkie

I find some of my Guerlain products have a light scent that disappears really quickly, but others linger and are too much. It's one of the biggest reasons I dislike the Meteorites compact powder, it's SO strongly scented. 

veronika23

(0) Hearts

Thanks rikkie!  The smell is soo strong I can barely stand it.  I guess will see if it disappears a little with time.

rdesigns

I have had a container of these sitting in a drawer for at least 10 years!!  I never really used them because they did not seem to do anything special for me :-(  I have naturally oily skin, so I do not need anymore shine KWIM?  I just cannot make myself throw them out though! lol!  The packaging is so pretty, and the spheres are such nice colors.  I need to find a decorating idea for these since they probably will not make it into the trash anytime soon! :-)

ChicDabbler

(0) Hearts

Ah same here, fellow shiny faced gal here. I really want them cuz they look pretty, but I cannot justify more than $30 for something that just look pretty. Does it have any pigment at all? I usually like my complexion matte but use some shimmer under the brow, so you can try that instead. Sometimes I also use bronzer as eyeshadow. 

Also if you have any evening event, unless you are also oily everywhere else, you can use it to highlight your collar bone, shin, top of shoulder etc.

lolo01

Everytime I wear the Meteorites I recieve compliments of how amazing my face looks..that sums up why you should get them :smileyhappy:

jojobe

I had them and quite frankly didn't love them. I guess they just seemed to emphasize my pores. They did smell lovely though and I thought they were  pretty but they just sat on my vanity for almost 2 years before I just pitched them . I even got a limited edition version with the pretty brush and all- spent like 125.00 on them and to be honest I should have sent them back after I used them the first few times but then I thought maybe with some other product they would look different.......nope. So maybe I am just among the small few who actually won't buy them again, however I do love love love my terracotta.

drrragon

Dear Evil Enablers,

I have added Teint Beige to my shopping cart.

Sincerely,

Drrragon (the susceptible one)

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 50 replies
  • 83 hearts
  • 27 in conversation
    • DTalksAll
    • mberteig
    • spoiledbrat
    • jojobe