Meg82

Guerlain meteorites, what makes them special?

So I have the Guerlain meteorites in my basket, ready for checkout.  And then I started wondering, what makes them so much better such that everybody loves them?  I NARS light reflecting powder and I like it quite a bit.  What makes the meteorites worth it?  Why are people cultishly devoted to them?

Basically I just want y'all to tell me your favorite things about them.

linda84

Re: Guerlain meteorites, what makes them special?

(0) Hearts

Glow! Glow! Glow! That is all my brain is processing, and now I feel I need some magical meteorites in my life. :smileysad: I really want to keep that glowy skin during the winter, so these sound amazing.

drrragon

this thread is making me want to buy some magic balls!!!!!

I never really felt the need to own them before, even through the multiple discussions we've had on BT in the last few months...

THANKS AGAIN YOU ENABLERS@!!!!  ESPECIALLY YOU MEG82!  LOL

calamityjane85

Yes MAGIC BALLS IN THE CART!!!

MAGIC BALLS ALL AROUND !!!! Dang it glad the vib discount is coming lol 

carolang

They are so fun! My favorite part of my routine. And they're so pretty to look at...

drrragon

(0) Hearts

yes the beautiful packaging is half the draw, love all those lid designs.

kittycarlisle

I love them! A lovely glow and easy to use with the brush. Plus they last for ages and you can always customize them by pulling out some of the balls of certain colours.

The smell is lovely too!

Meg82

(0) Hearts

Sounds good!

beeberz

Good question! I had been wondering about these so much myself! They are in my cart too. Meg82, Does the nars light reflecting give you a glow? is it a setting or finishing powder? I am oily and looking for best of both worlds. LOL. I would also like to know how the magic powder balls compare to the hourglass ambient lighting powders, especially compared to dim, which is the one i own.

Meg82

Is there a difference between setting and finishing powder?  If so i don't know which it is, I've been using the words interchangeably.  I'm still a n00b to makeup really.  It gives a little glow, but not a ton.  It is a great mattifier though, it doesn't look cakey and dull like some stuff I've seen people wearing.

shortstuff07

Hopefully I can add a little clarification.  Setting powder is generally used to  'set' liquid or cream foundation, absorbing extra moisture so that when you apply powder blush/bronzer/etc, the powder will maintain blendabilty and not get stuck in the cream/liquid.  Setting powder can cause over mattification or dullness, especially those with oil absorbing qualities, which is where finishing powders come in to add luminosity back into the skin.  Finishing powders with luminosity are also great during the winter, when skin seems to lose some of it's glow, especially in Denver where it's cold and dry.  That makes sense, right?

beeberz

(0) Hearts

um well i was under them impression (from a guerlain meteorites youtube video review) that finishing powder is something you swirl on after you set your makeup. Setting powders are more essential for oily or combo skin. Now I think i want to get the nars powder if it mattifies and gives a slight glos it seems that is really what im after! 

shortstuff07

(0) Hearts

I'd look into Hourglass ambient lighting powders, they absorb oil and have color options so you can add a little color back in.  I have about 4 of them, and I really freaking love them.  From your profile photo, I'd suggest the palette they just released.  It has 3 different colors to try, and the highlighter shade is awesome!  

carolang

My skin is oily, meteorites I use as a finishingpowder however it is glowy if I want say my forehead to look more matte I will add a translucent setting powder at the end. It doesn't make you look shiny I don't mean to convey tag. But it's a really great light finishing powder that won't make you look cakey. I do use a stiffer brush but not theirs. Hold out for the 20% off sale! I don't have ambient light so I'm not sure how similar they are but I haven't thought it was necessary to have both.

Meg82

(0) Hearts

okay so i found a website (I will pm you the link if you want) that broke down the difference and it sounds like the meteorites are a finishing powder (and possibly the NARS powder is a setting powder, so you could use both if you wanted?).

glossyguru

I've been wondering what makes them so special too! So many people here on BT have been raving about them, but I honestly have know clue what they even are!

Meg82

They are an illuminating/finishing powder.  They are actually little balls made of powder and when you swirl your brush in them you end up with this powder which is apparently super amazing.  I'm pretty psyched to own them.

http://www.sephora.com/meteorites-powder-for-the-face-P266308?skuId=1256049

glossyguru

Oooooooohhhhh, aaaaahhhhh

veronika23

Does anyone know the different between the meteorites and the hourglass lighting powder?

viviene23

Hourglass does not give the same luminosity. Ambient powders would be underwhelming if you have tried Guerlain meteorites first. Its a great finishing powder dont get me wrong, they are very fine milled and a joy to apply but they don't give the soft translucent radiance and glow like guerlain does. The only thing that would come close to Guerlain meteorites is the chantecaile perfecting powder.

veronika23

(0) Hearts

Thanks for the explanation  :smileyhappy:

carrie1975

They do give you a glow. It's hard to describe. It's like the magic balls' powder on your face catches light just perfect and you have this glowing aura. I love them and the smell is wonderful too.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 50 replies
  • 81 hearts
  • 27 in conversation
    • DTalksAll
    • mberteig
    • spoiledbrat
    • jojobe
    • drrragon
    • ChicDabbler