Kyrana

Guerelain Meteorites packaging tip

I've seen people complain about the cotton "puff" that comes inside this product before - I just received mine in the mail this afternoon, so now I can see what people are talking about.  It'd be utterly useless for application - I think it's there just so the pearls don't rattle around too much in transport.

With that in mind, I grabbed my glue dots out of my scrapbooking supplies, and attached the puff to the inner lid. Now it can cushion my lovely pearls and I won't have to deal with pinching it out of the container every time I want to use it.  I hope this idea is helpful to someone else!

ChicDabbler

Re: Guerelain Meteorites packaging tip

(0) Hearts

Hmm, I put the pad in one of those Sephora ziploc sample bags, write which meteorite it is from on the top, then put that bag in the meteorite box in my drawer while the actual meteorites goes on my vanity. I've got plenty of pressed powders that I'm not planning to travel with the perles, lol.

Joannimation

Thank you for that, Kyrana! My meteorites are only a week old, and I just started leaving the puff out on my vanity. But kudos to you for this excellent idea!! Guerlain should put you in charge of their packaging :smileyvery-happy:

TheBronzeGodess

... but i love the puff that comes with the perles de paradis... its so pretty!

kittycarlisle

cool idea - that way you can see the puff too! (I just took mine out since the container isn't really moving around much and I figured it didn't need the padding)

annypoo

That's a great tip. It's annoying to gave to take the puff out each time. I would never actually use it although sometimes I do sweep my brush on it since there's product from the pearls touching the puff.

floridab

Great tip!!! I'm going to do this for my 2 meteorites.  Thanks!

beachyt

(0) Hearts

I had to take my puff out the other day -- I think the prolonged pressure on my set of pearls (which are over a year old, so I'm sure they've lost some of their original integrity) was causing some of them to crack and crush :smileysad: I like using the pouf for my collarbone area, especially since I love the violet scent that they use!

Kyrana

(0) Hearts

Yeah I can see that happening - I am hoping that by attaching it to the inner lid, it will take the pressure off the pearls while still cushioning when I move the container around, just in case I am careless.

notcreative

That is a good idea.  I agree that the puff is not really designed for regular use (but think it could be used in a pinch).  

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 22 hearts
  • 9 in conversation
    • ChicDabbler
    • floridab
    • Kyrana
    • beachyt
    • notcreative
    • Joannimation